So... how's the best way to fight while dual-wielding?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So... how's the best way to fight while dual-wielding?

User Info: Nekiruh

Nekiruh
4 years ago#1
Say you have two daggers. What's the best way to utilize them, assuming you have all the dual-wield perks. Press LT and RT one after another? Always press them both at the same time? Spam power attacks like crazy?
Fighting is Magic: Beating some sense and friendship into you. Hard.
http://www.mane6.com/

User Info: Curved_Sw0rd

Curved_Sw0rd
4 years ago#2
Spam CHIM attacks like cray.
Pikachu can go to hell - MrcTOtheJ

User Info: dragon_eye_

dragon_eye_
4 years ago#3
use unrenlting force to stun eniemes the wail on em
d rose coming back

User Info: Zero IX

Zero IX
4 years ago#4
Spam triggers and/or power attack.
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

User Info: assassin29

assassin29
4 years ago#5
I usually just go with either regular right handed strikes or the "both at once" strikes depending on how much damage I need to do. Power attacks are saved for the tougher enemies since I don't like to put too many points into stamina, or for when I'm in danger of being killed and need a stagger. Power attacks can be a pain though since you're stuck in place until after all your swings, but you get the hang of it. If you follow up your power attack with a another double strike, you can get four swings really quick.

Also, double daggers don't benefit from the speed bonus on power attacks (not sure if it's a bug or intended), so you may want to consider a sword in your primary hand instead.

User Info: Somnambulistic

Somnambulistic
4 years ago#6
Double trigger power attacks until you're out of stamina, then spam L and R back and forth.
Ab-so-lutely.

User Info: dorkusmaximus86

dorkusmaximus86
4 years ago#7
I usually just kind of weaved in and out of combat trying to avoid hits and land a one handed power attack. I used swords and the LT standing power attack (the thrusting one) seemed to have a bit longer range and was incredibly quick. I just waited for one of my attacks to stagger the opponent then I would go in for the kill with a dual power attack.

Once I discovered how broken smithing was I could just 1HKO everything and strategy went out the window. lol

User Info: niko-mp3

niko-mp3
4 years ago#8
unenchanted elemental fury
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So... how's the best way to fight while dual-wielding?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived