Muffled Movement vs. Muffle Enchantment

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Muffled Movement vs. Muffle Enchantment

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
5 years ago#1
Last character I made I found dozens of Muffle boots in shops while searching for Waterbreathing gear. Now I'm finding lots of Waterbreathing items but no Muffle boots. Maddening.

Then I remembered that the Sneak skill has the Muffled Movement perk.

Which is better, the perk or the enchantment?

User Info: jammymacster

jammymacster
5 years ago#2
From my understanding Muffled Movement is effectively Muffle with a magnitude of 0.5 which is a 50% reduction in sound from armour. Most items with the enchantment (except for unique items) are also 0.5 BUT custom enchanted boots with Muffle have a magnitude of 1 which is a 100% reduction in sound from armour.

So custom-enchanted boots with Muffle are better than the Muffled Movement perk.

However, the Silence perk also gives a Muffle effect with a magnitude of 1.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux

User Info: casimirney

casimirney
5 years ago#3
^ basically.

Not sure that bit about the silent perk is accurate. But it could be.

Predator's grace are light boots that have a magnitude of 1. They are available petty early if you know what you're doing.

Nightingale boots (l.32 and up) have an magnitude of... 32 I think. So that's 3200% silent. I like to imagine that ambient sounds are actually absorbed and that guy you're sneaking up to hears absolute silence before he dies... but that's just me.

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
5 years ago#4
casimirney posted...
^ basically.

Not sure that bit about the silent perk is accurate. But it could be.

Predator's grace are light boots that have a magnitude of 1. They are available petty early if you know what you're doing.

Nightingale boots (l.32 and up) have an magnitude of... 32 I think. So that's 3200% silent. I like to imagine that ambient sounds are actually absorbed and that guy you're sneaking up to hears absolute silence before he dies... but that's just me.

Nightingale = 35. For what that's worth.

Also, just to correct jammy, predator's grace and Nightingale are the only uniques with 100% muffle.

Everything else here is accurate. 35 is max level... it's possible there's a level you can obtain them, where they are < 1. I don't know.
IamI3rian told ya
It's a secret to everybody

LordTrinen
5 years ago#5
So in other words I should resume my painful search for the Muffle boots? Taking Muffled Movement or maybe Muffled Movement and Silence would be a waste?

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
5 years ago#6
Or just go get Predator's Grace. = D
IamI3rian told ya
My voice is my violence

LordTrinen
5 years ago#7
IamI3rian posted...
Or just go get Predator's Grace. = D

If they could be disenchanted I would. But I'm trying to make custom-enchanted armor sets for my character. I would prefer to have an item I can disenchant and then re-enchant whatever I want.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Muffled Movement vs. Muffle Enchantment

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived