What was your first TES?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What was your first TES?

User Info: Andw96

Andw96
4 years ago#51
Started with Oblivion, moved to Skyrim, then backtracked to Morrowind on XBOX and then on PC.
GT:Andman13

User Info: Dyphearr

Dyphearr
4 years ago#52
Morrowind. I have close to a 1000 hours in that game and still love it
Death is a dream on the journey to true awakening.

User Info: RumSkunk

RumSkunk
4 years ago#53
I technically played Oblivion first...

Around the Morrowind days, I saw my friends playing at I wanted no part of it. It didn't look appealing.

Then years later, I kept seeing my family or friends playing Oblivion and it looked fun. I played it, but never got into it... I didn't really try to get into it, I was preoccupied with my time, but yeah.

Then Skyrim was about to be released, and I had no urge at all to play it. I was like, 'Oh another one. Another overhyped fail in the videogame industry.' ... Then all my roommates got it and I played and fell in love with it... Sure it had it's problems but dear Lord was it an epic game.
PSN = Dirty-Rawb
XBL = Raw Dirt

User Info: dude86264

dude86264
4 years ago#54
zerobobo posted...
daggerfall.
but i was pretty young, i just ran around doing random crap, never really did quests at all.

morrowind was the first one i actually played proper.

That's how I was when I first played morrowind.
Gamertag/SteamID: OdinDude

User Info: Jimmy_Demonic

Jimmy_Demonic
4 years ago#55
Daggerfall was my first, but it was so long ago I don't remember anything about the game. After that it was Oblivion (first game I got for the 360), and I've dumped over 3,600 hours into Oblivion, all but 200 or so on the 360. I tried to play Morrowind after Oblivion, but the UI/Map/fast travel system from Oblivion kinda ruined me for Morrowind. If anyone know of any Morrowind mods for PC that help it play even a bit more like Oblivion, I'd love to experience the story...not just watch people beat the game in a ten minute YouTube video (using massive exploits lol).

User Info: SLay

SLay
4 years ago#56
Morrowind. I remember buying it with no real knowledge of what kinda game it was. It just said "GOTY" so I thought I must own it after buying an XBOX a short time earlier.

AH yes, totally overwhelming. I was so lost that I put the game down for a year before venturing into it again.
Miami Hurricanes.

User Info: exitwound5480

exitwound5480
4 years ago#57
Oblivion. But yeah, weird he didn't include the Arena option.
Right y'are, Chief.

User Info: GriffRoberts

GriffRoberts
4 years ago#58
It was Skyrim.

Playing the series backwards is hard, since all the conveniences of Skyrim have spoiled me. I want to like Daggerfall, but the f***er crashes too much for me to like it. Looking forward to DaggerXL.

But regardless, Skyrim made me a fan of the whole series. Except Arena. That game is silly. Jagar Tharn is cool though.
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.

User Info: M4nnimal

M4nnimal
4 years ago#59
Daggerfall, on my brother's computer. I only logged like 45 minutes into it, though. Morrowind was the first one I really played.
"God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"

User Info: matteus70

matteus70
4 years ago#60
Arena. Could not get into it. After the UW series it felt much too open. Switched to System Shock. Much better game.

Daggerfall was a buggy mess. I played for three months and ran into a brick wall. Back then the internet was not readily available. I had to wait for patches in issues of PCgamer or CGW, I eventually gave up and played another game. (Crusader:No Regret if I recall)

Morrowind was great. I was "between jobs" at the time and there was an amazing improvement in the ES series. Unfortunately I chose a crappy class and was capped off at level 17 unless I started grinding skills.

Oblivion was enjoyable. I gave up the PC upgrade grind and went with the XBox. I played the vanilla game and didn't dabble too much with the DLC.

Skyrim is great. I'm still playing it a year later DLC and all. 'Nuff said.
"Just keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn."-King
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What was your first TES?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived