Stormcloaks or Imperials

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Stormcloaks or Imperials

User Info: RebelElite791

RebelElite791
5 years ago#41
darkninja587 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
darkninja587 posted...
"In the end, the heroic Redguards fought the Aldmeri Dominion to a standstill, although the war lasted for five more years and left southern Hammerfell devastated. The Redguards say that this proves that the White-Gold Concordat was unnecessary, and that if Titus II had kept his nerve, the Aldmeri could have been truly defeated by the combined forces of Hammerfell and the rest of the Empire."
The WGC wasn't necessary and if they continued the War they could've won because eventually Skyrim would have fully joined the war, and after the Empire took back the Imperial City both sides were equally hurt the Ad was bluffing about their strength

Fought to a standstill, lost half their land in the process, over a god they dont particularly care about. Gg hammerfell

But they still beat them by themselves and imagined if Skyrim and the Empire had helped

Uhh, no. As I said, "fought to a standstill." They signed a peace treaty with the Dominion just like the Empire. That is NOT "beating them."
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing

RebelElite791
5 years ago#42
azali10 posted...
darkninja587 posted...
deadpool223 posted...
Dr_Professor posted...
deadpool223 posted...
stormcloaks

they arnt racist despite what people think,

SKYRIM FOR THE NORDS

thats still not racist. considering that skyrim was being run by the imperials beforehand.

its sort of like saying america for Americans, or Scotland for the Scottish, its there homeland they should be the ones running it

Exactly the Imperials think they need to be in control of everyone. Hammerfell wasn't even in the Empire when they signed the WGC so what gave them right to give away half there land. Talos was a Nord god but who gave them the right to ban worship of THEIR god. Everyone says the AD are bullies but look at the Imperials not much better

Well technically they do need be in total control. They are after all an Empire. With an Empire that large unless they exert full control over it they risk it becoming decentralized. And when that happens provinces start seceding. Also Hammerfell was a part of the Empire when they gave it away. Not sure where you got that from. They leftafter they were sold out.

Most people are idiots. People seem to forget that the Empire controlled all of Tamriel, and isn't an invading force.
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing

User Info: deadpool223

deadpool223
5 years ago#43
Bob_Esrock posted...
High elf merchant in Windhelm that is accepted by the community, even though she's the same race as the AD. Her account is a good part of the reason why I don't much if any sort of sympathy for the Dunmer. The Dunmer in Windhelm make me think about the people on welfare that don't work because they don't want to. It's not represented well in-game, but I imagine that the refugees put extra strain on the economy in the region, driving up prices and the like. It could be a variety of reasons why the Nords dislike the Dunmer being in their city, and I doubt many of them have to do with anything other than suspicions about a people they don't know much about and local economic issues.

I could be wrong, but at least it's more thought out than simplistic reasons most people fall back on. It's a lot more complicated than the in-game visuals we are shown, which are still rather limited even with Bethesda's misguided decision to take away more clothing options to 'get more NPCs on the screen'.

this is part of why i ended up with the storm cloaks. the dunmer are hardly victims in all this, they dont do a damn thing for the city
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,

RebelElite791
5 years ago#44
deadpool223 posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
High elf merchant in Windhelm that is accepted by the community, even though she's the same race as the AD. Her account is a good part of the reason why I don't much if any sort of sympathy for the Dunmer. The Dunmer in Windhelm make me think about the people on welfare that don't work because they don't want to. It's not represented well in-game, but I imagine that the refugees put extra strain on the economy in the region, driving up prices and the like. It could be a variety of reasons why the Nords dislike the Dunmer being in their city, and I doubt many of them have to do with anything other than suspicions about a people they don't know much about and local economic issues.

I could be wrong, but at least it's more thought out than simplistic reasons most people fall back on. It's a lot more complicated than the in-game visuals we are shown, which are still rather limited even with Bethesda's misguided decision to take away more clothing options to 'get more NPCs on the screen'.

this is part of why i ended up with the storm cloaks. the dunmer are hardly victims in all this, they dont do a damn thing for the city

That's like saying poor black people in LA don't "do a damn thing for the city" so nobody should care about them or try to help them.

What stunning victim-shaming.

User Info: deadpool223

deadpool223
5 years ago#45
RebelElite791 posted...
deadpool223 posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...

That's like saying poor black people in LA don't "do a damn thing for the city" so nobody should care about them or try to help them.

of course not mr tumblr-moral-guardian, that would apply if LA was at war with seattle and the poor black people are invited to live in an area of LA after chicago exploded, then they decided to not join the fight and not take care of there neighborhood, then calls everyone racist when they call them out on it.
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,

User Info: nfl89

nfl89
5 years ago#46
deadpool223 posted...
Dr_Professor posted...
deadpool223 posted...
stormcloaks

they arnt racist despite what people think,

SKYRIM FOR THE NORDS

thats still not racist. considering that skyrim was being run by the imperials beforehand.

its sort of like saying america for Americans, or Scotland for the Scottish, its there homeland they should be the ones running it

that statement describes the root of racism

User Info: thor23

thor23
5 years ago#47
deadpool223 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
deadpool223 posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...

of course not mr tumblr-moral-guardian, that would apply if LA was at war with seattle and the poor black people are invited to live in an area of LA after chicago exploded, then they decided to not join the fight and not take care of there neighborhood, then calls everyone racist when they call them out on it.

No, it would be like that if California tried to succeed from the US and the black people were like "we don't want to rebel, we just need a place to live." The rebels are screwing things up for everyone.

User Info: JohnRyan1228

JohnRyan1228
5 years ago#48
deadpool223 posted...
stormcloaks

they dont try to have you killed for no reason, they arnt racist despite what people think, they arnt bootlickers to the thalmor, and they dont wear skirts.

it is up to the player whether or not the arrest was for no reason
"oh i comprehended it fine! i just didnt read it!"- zerobobo

User Info: JohnRyan1228

JohnRyan1228
5 years ago#49
and no... this poll has never been done before
"oh i comprehended it fine! i just didnt read it!"- zerobobo

User Info: zerobobo

zerobobo
5 years ago#50
people comparing "the blacks" of LA to the dunmer refugees of windhelm are more racist than the stormcloaks....

just saying....

wtf is wrong with you?
Gamertag: Clonedzero
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Stormcloaks or Imperials

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived