how to make bound sword viable?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. how to make bound sword viable?

User Info: KoRiy5000

KoRiy5000
4 years ago#1
i want to make a char that only uses bound weapons but the sword is so weak im getting manhandled by bandit chiefs.

i have 1 fortify one handed enchant on my gauntlets and one hand at 100 with the 5 perks to boost damage but it still only does around 60 damage.

also already have the conjuation perk to boost the weapons but still real weak.

and tips/suggestions?
thanks in advance

User Info: jammymacster

jammymacster
4 years ago#2
Add more Fortify One-handed enchantments. You can apply the enchantment to amulets, rings, gauntlets/gloves and boots.

Or you could use Fortify One-handed potions in difficult situations.
AKA: Valadez

User Info: Evil_Sandwich

Evil_Sandwich
4 years ago#3
Dual Wield them.

60 x 2 = 120 Damage

User Info: ilaposta

ilaposta
4 years ago#4
Get your conjuration up higher and you will get more damage out of your weapon. I use bound bow and when you max out the magic skill you do good damage. Add the enchated gear and you will 1 shot bandits in no time.
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!

User Info: turn_based

turn_based
4 years ago#5
Dual-wield is a must. I don't have any problems.

Since when is 60 damage so bad anyway???
Redguards Rule!

User Info: jammymacster

jammymacster
4 years ago#6
ilaposta posted...
Get your conjuration up higher and you will get more damage out of your weapon. I use bound bow and when you max out the magic skill you do good damage. Add the enchated gear and you will 1 shot bandits in no time.

The Conjuration skill itself doesn't raise bound weapon damage. Just the Mystic Binding perk.
AKA: Valadez

User Info: Xydru

Xydru
4 years ago#7
There's also poison.
CharDee MacDennis, the Game of Games

User Info: theonyxphoenix

theonyxphoenix
4 years ago#8
With Dragonborn DLC and no looping you can achieve fortify one handed +224%. With a One-Handed Skill of 334 that gives you a +167% damage increase which is around 37 damage or 74 with Armsman 5/5. Dual wield them for increased damage.

You can also use poisons as mentioned.

(I think my math is right)
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy

User Info: ilaposta

ilaposta
4 years ago#9
jammymacster posted...
ilaposta posted...

The Conjuration skill itself doesn't raise bound weapon damage. Just the Mystic Binding perk.

I cant say for sure that this sounds wrong but when I initially get bound bow, regardless of archery perks used, it is weaker than when I level up conjuration. It might be my imagination but that is how it seems to work for me. If I remember correctly the bow changes as you level up the skill. You start with a normal bow but by level 100 it is a deadric bow which does more damage than a long bow.
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!

User Info: KoRiy5000

KoRiy5000
4 years ago#10
turn_based posted...
Dual-wield is a must. I don't have any problems.

Since when is 60 damage so bad anyway???

endgame 60 is the equivalent of using a dagger for full on combat. i just need it around 100, nothing crazy
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. how to make bound sword viable?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived