How many people do you think actually tried to master the Thu'um in real life?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How many people do you think actually tried to master the Thu'um in real life?

User Info: FOGEDABOUDIT

FOGEDABOUDIT
4 years ago#11
MC2011 posted...
The government would probably dissect you.

Maybe YOUR government.

My government would burn me at the stake for being a witch.

What government would that be?
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.

User Info: MC2011

MC2011
4 years ago#12
I would joke and say the UK... but Canada.
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger

User Info: nytecrawla

nytecrawla
4 years ago#13
Overburdened posted...
I watched a martial arts programme once where these guys learned to shout really loud for something.

Haha, good explanation...

I think it was to either smash glass or maybe push their opponents. I've made it sound horrendous but the actual footage was impressive.

As for learning a thuum, someone crazy may have tried in the hope it works. Like someone trying to go into 'devil trigger' and expecting that to work.

Like a Kiai shout (that is probably spelled wrong). It is believed in some martial arts that the shout can increase the power of the blow. I dunno if it has any basis in reality, but there may be some sort of psychological effect that shouting while delivering a blow imparts. I know as a kid that I was encouraged to do it when I was taking my martial arts classes, but back then I just thought it was an excuse to shout. Who knows?

To clarify, I was not encouraged to just shout random syllables at people for magic to happen. I was encouraged to shout as I threw a punch or kick, as a way to add emphasis to the movement.
Well don't that just beat all?

User Info: andy12handy

andy12handy
4 years ago#14
http://notalwaysright.com/dovahkiins-day-off/19832
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
-The fist of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Boards-
Morgoth the Enemy 4 years ago#15
^ Expected something along those line but still hilarious.
Far as humanity goes intelligent life is an oxymoron - xUSDx Reborn

User Info: Sw1ft_Blad3

Sw1ft_Blad3
4 years ago#16
Well seeing as I know someone who tries to go Super Sayian, use the Kamehameha wave, Special Beam Cannon, Masenko, Kaio Ken and Instant Transmssion, I'd say its very likely.
Never underestimate how evil a person can be.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How many people do you think actually tried to master the Thu'um in real life?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived