Weapon Draw "Bug"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: KC_CheeseKing

KC_CheeseKing
4 years ago#1
For whatever reason, it takes forever for my character to begin his animation to draw his two-handed weapon. He draws his bow near instantly, but when I press the hotkey to have him draw his axe he just stands there like an idiot for a good 2-3 seconds. Anybody else have this happen? Is it normal?
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.

User Info: RebelElite791

RebelElite791
4 years ago#2
Always happens with hotkeys for me.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

User Info: KC_CheeseKing

KC_CheeseKing
4 years ago#3
Glad to know I'm not the only one. I wonder if it still does it if you select it manually from the favorites list. I'm going to go try that.

Edit: Yep. Damn it.
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.

User Info: Mick65

Mick65
4 years ago#4
Try waiting in the fav list after selecting the weapon for two or three seconds.
leg godt

User Info: ilaposta

ilaposta
4 years ago#5
I just started having this issue with one of my save files. I have played hundreds of hours and never had this problem. The weapon is not hot keyed either, I go into the menu and select the weapon I want.
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!

User Info: ggrissom

ggrissom
4 years ago#6
I've had this problem forever, not using a 2H weapon.... I just got used to it.
PSN= MKEBrewCrew

User Info: turn_based

turn_based
4 years ago#7
Now 's a good time to ask this:

If you've played Skyrim for a year, got all updates and dlc's, does the game menu and response overall seem to get more sluggish as time goes on?

I don't remember having the delays this bad before Dawnguard...
Redguards Rule!

User Info: geocentric14

geocentric14
4 years ago#8
I just started playing again after a long break and it seems like the weapon draw lags way more then it used to. I dont know why either.

User Info: Flare_Dragon123

Flare_Dragon123
4 years ago#9
turn_based posted...

If you've played Skyrim for a year, got all updates and dlc's, does the game menu and response overall seem to get more sluggish as time goes on?

I've experienced this with every weapon practically. Its not a DLC thing though.
Sigs are for noobs

User Info: turn_based

turn_based
4 years ago#10
Flare_Dragon123 posted...
turn_based posted...

I've experienced this with every weapon practically. Its not a DLC thing though.

With updates then? I'd like to find out from others that have been playing consistently for a year, through all the updates and dlcs.

What about menu and favorites? Does the game act like it doesn't acknowledge your controller at times? Flipping pages in a book gets tedious...
Redguards Rule!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived