With all the DLC(mainly dragonborn) is it worth it to start a new character?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. With all the DLC(mainly dragonborn) is it worth it to start a new character?

User Info: BigRobb2389

BigRobb2389
4 years ago#1
Like, does the new DLC add enough to warrant starting a new character?

I played through dragonborn once, and just ran through the story on a higher leveled character.
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/

User Info: amenbrother

amenbrother
4 years ago#2
BigRobb2389 posted...
Like, does the new DLC add enough to warrant starting a new character?

I played through dragonborn once, and just ran through the story on a higher leveled character.

Well I made a few to use the new armors and such but it seems you need to be around lv 20 or so to do Dragonborn? Which sucks but I will try to get there.

User Info: NukSooAL

NukSooAL
4 years ago#3
you already played through it you know better than anyone else on the planet if its worth it to you.
GT: Nuk Soo AL/PSN Nuk_Soo_AL

User Info: silverhunter16

silverhunter16
4 years ago#4
I tried doing that and was destroyed by ash spawn in seconds and i was a dark elf on expert difficulty. It became manageable at level 20 but just barely
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"

User Info: amenbrother

amenbrother
4 years ago#5
silverhunter16 posted...
I tried doing that and was destroyed by ash spawn in seconds and i was a dark elf on expert difficulty. It became manageable at level 20 but just barely

I heard about it just after I made some new guys so I will stay out of the DLC area until around my 20's maybe.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 years ago#6
At first I planned to make a new character for Dragonborn, but the storyline actually makes more sense with a character that has already completed the main questline imo, so I pulled my old (first) character from the stables to go to Solstheim like a boss.
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open

User Info: themagicpainman

themagicpainman
4 years ago#7
I've started a new Spider Queen-type character who's going to primarily use the throwing spiders as weapons.
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. With all the DLC(mainly dragonborn) is it worth it to start a new character?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived