Best weapon in this game ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best weapon in this game ?

User Info: BruceLee1974

BruceLee1974
4 years ago#11
Isn't there like a best weapon in this game or can you craft better ones ?

Like I said I only have ones that do about 58 damage and would like something a lot better then this.

What is the best way to find one. Is there a certain quest you find a really good one, or is it better to make your own ?

I just want to find one where it makes killing faster and easier if possible, thanks.

Maybe it doesn't have to be a weapon, maybe something that makes me stronger so I'm not dying as much :) BTW, I normally use duel one handed weapons in each hand.

User Info: cutthroat22

cutthroat22
4 years ago#12
Try these:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Unique_Items and
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Weapons
GT: cutthroatsteve

User Info: Nepharen

Nepharen
4 years ago#13
The simple answer is to craft, temper, and enchant your own. With the crafting perks you can make obscenely powerful weapons and armor, even more so if you use the resto loop glitch to buff your skill in crafting.

There really is no "best weapon" in game as "best" is once again a matter of preference and can even be situational.

BruceLee1974
4 years ago#14
Does the weapon damage go up when you level up ? Because my weapons seem to have more damage then those unique weapons.

Also what is that crafting glitch because that is one thing I haven't leveled up in my game. Basically haven't touched those crafting skills.

I looked at those unique weapons and I can't see any of mine there. So is there a certain quest I can get a really good weapon or items from that will help me A LOT ?

Nepharen
4 years ago#15
Displayed weapon damage is the base damage modified by skill level, enchantments/ effects that fortify skill level, and perks.

As you get better at one/two hand skill your displayed weapon damage increases.

User Info: JINJ0

JINJ0
4 years ago#16
Weapon damage increases with increases in skill as well as weapon damage increasing perks, enchantments, and beneficial potion effects.

The best weapons without crafting skills are probably, as someone already posted, Chillrend pre-Dragonborn and Muatra (not sure why that's a spoiler as I haven't played Dragonborn) with Dragonborn.
… … … … ../--~~,~~--,:”~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....

BruceLee1974
4 years ago#17
JINJ0 posted...
Weapon damage increases with increases in skill as well as weapon damage increasing perks, enchantments, and beneficial potion effects.

The best weapons without crafting skills are probably, as someone already posted, Chillrend pre-Dragonborn and Muatra (not sure why that's a spoiler as I haven't played Dragonborn) with Dragonborn.

Thanks JINJO, how do I get these 2 weapons, can you tell me the quest or where to find them as I have spent so many hours on this game but not getting anywhere. It's not as if I am spoiling it because I really want to finish this game but can't spend so many hours on it this time.

User Info: JINJ0

JINJ0
4 years ago#18
Um, I can't tell you anything about the second one because I haven't played Dragonborn and I want to avoid spoilers if I can, but I can tell you Chillrend is located in Riften in Riftweald Manor, which you go to during the Thieves Guild quest line. You can enter it early by jumping onto roof tops/and or Whirlwind Sprinting to the balcony but I don't recommend this. Additionally, the sword is a leveled weapon; it won't be at its max potential unless you enter Riftweald Manor at level 46 or higher.

Also, if you have Dawnguard installed you can craft Dragonbone swords which will match the base damage of Chillrend.
… … … … ../--~~,~~--,:”~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....

User Info: Apex1619

Apex1619
4 years ago#19
Where do get this muatra?
Oh sheesh y'all, twas a dream!

Nepharen
4 years ago#20
Apex1619 posted...
Where do get this muatra?

In the lore?
You find out, post it. To my knowledge it is not a player obtainable weapon nor is it talked about in the game or expansions. It might be mentioned in one of the books...

Also, chillrend's enchantment is level based. If you want the strongest version of the weapon you need to be at least level 46 iirc.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best weapon in this game ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived