C/D Shield Bash is OP.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. C/D Shield Bash is OP.

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
4 years ago#1
Whats the verdict?

User Info: Nicodaemos

Nicodaemos
4 years ago#2
Define OP. There's a lot of cheesy stuff in this game.
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
4 years ago#3
Nicodaemos posted...
Define OP. There's a lot of cheesy stuff in this game.

Game breaking or makes it to easy.

User Info: gunsndroses

gunsndroses
4 years ago#4
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it; there is no pressure otherwise.

Regardless, I do find it rather extreme, and prefer not to use it.
World at War was the best CoD.

User Info: Habefiet

Habefiet
4 years ago#5
gunsndroses posted...
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it; there is no pressure otherwise.

What does that even mean

The fact that you don't have to use it doesn't make it not-overpowered.

I've never done the alchemy/enchanting/smithing exploit loop thing because it doesn't seem fun to me at all. Just because I haven't done it and there's no impetus for me to do it I haven't done it doesn't mean it's not gamebreakingly overpowered. The whole reason I'm not doing it is because I do not want to break the game with my overpoweredness.

I don't see your distinction. "It's not overpowered, but it's 'rather extreme' [used a dodgy synonym for overpowered]."

Overpowered is not defined by use in a competitive setting.

User Info: Bigtymer113

Bigtymer113
4 years ago#6
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game.

Lol quote of the day. I'm sigging this
Poetic Justice
GT: Swizzy Dangles

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 years ago#7
I don't really find it THAT overpowered. It takes up stamina, like a power attack, but does far less damage than a regular attack.
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open

User Info: Heavy_D_Forever

Heavy_D_Forever
4 years ago#8
It's not really OP but it's definitely a very good tactic.

shield bash - stagger enemy - hit with sword/axe/mace - shield bash - stagger enemy- hit with sword/axe/mace, rinse & repeat

Using this strategy you can pretty much get though any battle unscathed, but the stronger enemies can still give you some trouble.
Heavy D will never die!
http://i.imgur.com/2mIeu.gif

User Info: gunsndroses

gunsndroses
4 years ago#9
Habefiet posted...
gunsndroses posted...

What does that even mean

The fact that you don't have to use it doesn't make it not-overpowered.

I've never done the alchemy/enchanting/smithing exploit loop thing because it doesn't seem fun to me at all. Just because I haven't done it and there's no impetus for me to do it I haven't done it doesn't mean it's not gamebreakingly overpowered. The whole reason I'm not doing it is because I do not want to break the game with my overpoweredness.

I don't see your distinction. "It's not overpowered, but it's 'rather extreme' [used a dodgy synonym for overpowered]."

Overpowered is not defined by use in a competitive setting.

What I mean, and what you failed to analyze, was that this is not a competitive game. Does other people using such things bother you? If so, you have a problem, and should reconsider your values.
World at War was the best CoD.

User Info: Nepharen

Nepharen
4 years ago#10
I'm going to say that shield bash by itself is not overpowered as there is a limited number of times you can use it based on stamina/stamina regeneration.

Coupled with a vegetable soup, absolutely. I just shield bashed Krosis to his second death. Poor fool couldn't even touch me.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. C/D Shield Bash is OP.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived