So who here played a form of D&D back in the day?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So who here played a form of D&D back in the day?

User Info: turn_based

turn_based
4 years ago#21
D&D Basic (for the solo quest in the beginning,) and later to AD&D 1st edition. Psionics still available?

I was the DM with my friends, I loved graph paper and creating maps.

Dabbled in GURPS and Warhammer.

Then FF1 was released. And Dragon Warrior. And Ultima:Exodus.

Etc.

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
4 years ago#22
Friends,

I played D&D on my college mini fridge, in 1981.

That ps2 game baulders gate: Dark Al. was very close to d&d. But I wish they went over level 40 to 99, so you could play like 5 more times.

Thank you for sharing.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.

User Info: konokonohamaru

konokonohamaru
4 years ago#23
Played some verbal D&D but without the dice or stats and stuff

Most memorable times were had when our play group of 3 adventurers consisting of a blacksmith, an assassin, and a knight built a big house in the woods and defended it against a horde of Rabid Wombats

EDIT:
But no it isn't what got me into RPGs. I have Quest for Glory to thank for that

User Info: Bane766

Bane766
4 years ago#24
I started playing RPG's because of that free Dragon Warrior game that came with the Nintendo Power subscription back in the day, then on to FF 1 (both for NES)...well before I was old enough for D&D.

Later on I did play a form of D&D although we only used dice to roll our characters initially...it was more in our heads than in those D&D books. I was the DM-as an aspiring writer I used to get pretty creative with quests and monster choices, lol. It ended up getting surprisingly popular for awhile until I got tired of DM'ing it.

EDIT:

Oh and I got into TES because of Morrowind on the Xbox. I found the the message board on GFAQs and read about it. It sounded awesome. So I bought it. Still in my top 5 games of all time. I love that game. Oblivion is very good, too...and Skyrim is also good, but I love Morrowind way more. I still play Morrowind every once in awhile.
Douleur Peur Mort

User Info: deadpool223

deadpool223
4 years ago#25
i play d&d, and a few whitewolf games (werewolf old and new, new changling, old mage)
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So who here played a form of D&D back in the day?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived