Most powerful crafted weapon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Most powerful crafted weapon

User Info: Evil_Sandwich

Evil_Sandwich
4 years ago#11
DaggerZ r better din swordyZ cuz dey is silent.

U can't use Shadow Warrior witZ a swordy you'll fail everytime.

User Info: CallMeSeeker

CallMeSeeker
4 years ago#12
FreeMan5407 posted...
good question, a dagger can reach the 110 dmg give or take, a sword around 450 more or less , both probably can do more dmg, but the difference stay in that pattern

sword sneak attack 2,700
dagger sneak attack 3,300

i did the math without potions

I just tested it myself with my level 81 character.

A stalhrim dagger, with the aid of fortify marksman potion, will do 493 base damage. Multiply that by 30 and you get 14,790 damage.

A stahlrim sword, with the aid of enchantments and fortify one-handed + marksman potions, will do 3,419. Multiply that by six and you get a whopping 20,514 damage!
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB

User Info: theonyxphoenix

theonyxphoenix
4 years ago#13
since fortify marksman increases the damage of most things, has anyone tested to see if it works with unarmed?

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
4 years ago#14
CallMeSeeker posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...
good question, a dagger can reach the 110 dmg give or take, a sword around 450 more or less , both probably can do more dmg, but the difference stay in that pattern

sword sneak attack 2,700
dagger sneak attack 3,300

i did the math without potions

I just tested it myself with my level 81 character.

A stalhrim dagger, with the aid of fortify marksman potion, will do 493 base damage. Multiply that by 30 and you get 14,790 damage.

A stahlrim sword, with the aid of enchantments and fortify one-handed + marksman potions, will do 3,419. Multiply that by six and you get a whopping 20,514 damage!

that fortify marksman + fortify 1h is a deadly combo , without it i think the dagger do a little more

seriously 1h is ridiculous best DPS thanks to dual flurry and elemental fury, best raw dmg -dual wield power attack + combo/enchantment, best sneak attack thanks to the potions, versatile can switch fast

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
4 years ago#15
theonyxphoenix posted...
since fortify marksman increases the damage of most things, has anyone tested to see if it works with unarmed?

no, sorry now im curious too lol

User Info: igottheclap

igottheclap
4 years ago#16
I forgot to add ahzidal genius I used that as well in creating this gear.

As far as My +42 vs. your +35 I was a vampire with the necromage perk, that may account for the difference.

Dagger Vs. sword is interesting. The Sword I made boosts up to 2000 damage when equipped with 4 pieces of 70+ fortify one-handed which is the best possible. With the 6x sneak that is 12000 for a dagger to do that much damage (fortify does not work on daggers) It would need to be 400 base damage. I estimate that it would actually be about 430 damage based on the gear I have made meaning it would do an additional 900 damage as compared to the sword but only on a sneak attack. So if about 65% of your attacks are sneak attacks and you have the shrouded gloves then the dagger is the better choice, otherwise the sword is the best choice.

Why I would want that much damage? curiosity, finding how high the ceiling is.

User Info: Mick65

Mick65
4 years ago#17
theonyxphoenix posted...

Kajiit Claws 15 damage. Fortify marksman 18%(not my alchemy character!), no increase in damage listed. Not playing my vampire with fortify unarmed gauntlets, perk and ring though.
JAFO

User Info: Mick65

Mick65
4 years ago#18
Short answer, yes.

Altmer, necromage vampire, level 59, NO conjuration perks, Fists of Steel heavy armor perk.

Familiar:

Bare hands, no fortify unarmed ring, no potion; 3 power attacks to kill.

Bare hands, no fortify unarmed ring, 60%(75) Fortify Marksman Potion; 2 to kill.

Unenchanted Carved Nordic Gauntlets (base AR 15), no ring, no potion; 1 to kill.

Flaming Familiar:

Unenchanted Carved Nordic Gauntlets (base AR 15), no ring, no potion; 3 to kill.

" with 60%(75) Fortify Marksman Potion; 2 to kill.

Ash Spawn:

Carved Nordic Gauntlets w/21(26) fortify unarmed enchantment; 5 to kill.

" with 60%(75) Fortify Marksman Potion; 2 to kill.
JAFO

User Info: kornbeefncabage

kornbeefncabage
4 years ago#19
bump
GT: GUINESSGUY84
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Most powerful crafted weapon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived