Combining magic res and elem res?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Combining magic res and elem res?

User Info: auronrenouille

auronrenouille
4 years ago#1
So, I'm a Breton (25% magic res) with Agent of Mara (15% magic res) and a vampire (-50% fire res), along with +46% resist fire from my boots and +51% fire res from my necklace.

Added up, that's
Magic Res: +40%
Fire Res: +97%
Vampire: -50%

For a grand total of +87% (as a vampire, I am unconcerned with poison/disease). I've taken similar steps with frost and shock, but they're less complicated without the whole vampire problem. I have the shield of solitude's enchant and was using a whole-hog resist magic system, but saw that I could squeeze a few more points out of resistances by doing fire separately.

So am I about 87% resistant to fire? or is there more to the math than what I've described? Seeing as I like poking at dragons, having strong resistances is important to me.

Thanks!
- Time is a river, and history repeats.

User Info: nytecrawla

nytecrawla
4 years ago#2
Check the Useful Information sticky :http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/65509623

They are all prioritized differently. Look under the MAGE section, or just hit ctrl+f and type 310 in the box in that topic.
Well don't that just beat all?
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Combining magic res and elem res?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived