Do you prefer using unique weapons or smith/enchant your own?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Do you prefer using unique weapons or smith/enchant your own?

User Info: scrappybristol

scrappybristol
4 years ago#1
While I craft my own armor, I like using unique weapons such as Chillrend, Dawnbreaker, Zephyr or Nightingale Blade instead of making my own.

I think the last weapon I actually made was the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow.
I'm a jukebox hero.

User Info: theonyxphoenix

theonyxphoenix
4 years ago#2
unique. I never craft.

User Info: DtheBruiser

DtheBruiser
4 years ago#3
I like making my own weapons once enchanting is at 100. I have my fire and ice damage sword the antipode. My lightning damage and paralyze blades katana the thunderbrand. and my fire damage and health absorb axe that I never came up with a decent name for that is just the ebony fire axe.

Yeah 100 enchanting plus whatever smithing nonsense you prefer will outdo any unique weapon in the game. I do like to mix it up however so I give the uniques a quick run when I find them if they are cool
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow

User Info: darkportal785

darkportal785
4 years ago#4
Unique.

Crafting is a hassle and takes grinding that I don't have the patience for.
This post was brought to you by the letter Xbox and the number 5.

User Info: Dougymc

Dougymc
4 years ago#5
I almost always make my armor (I use hide and it's just easier to make it right away than try to find a set), but rarely my weapons. I end up using Bound Weapons fairly often, or unique 2-handed swords.

On my PC copy, though, I usually make my own armor and weapons.

User Info: Mick65

Mick65
4 years ago#6
I used to go crazy with crafting numbers when I first started. Now the gear is about style, what feels right for the personality of the character. I have a character that wears a dragon priest mask just because it matches his armor outfit, he doesn't even utilize the enchantments on it.
JAFO

User Info: dodgefan91

dodgefan91
4 years ago#7
I prefer unique but I often can't resist the temptation and eventually craft my own stuff.
GT: JKGrizzle
http://i.minus.com/iEZjmLbjP7PuX.gif

User Info: Pure_LionHeart

Pure_LionHeart
4 years ago#8
I always want to craft.

Next character though, everything is unique or loot. I swear it!
No matter what happens next, don't be to hard on yourself. Even now, after all you've done...you can still go home. Lucky you.

User Info: silverhunter16

silverhunter16
4 years ago#9
The only crafting that I use is enchanting and that's only on my mages for cost reduction purposes. I never bother with making my own weapons and armors.
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.

User Info: iBlackice25

iBlackice25
4 years ago#10
Unique, unless im trying to make money.
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Do you prefer using unique weapons or smith/enchant your own?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived