Does anyone play without ever fast travelling?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Does anyone play without ever fast travelling?

User Info: scowl_owl_2

scowl_owl_2
4 years ago#1
Not including when you're getting the locations on the map
Many original Xbox games graphics still look great to me.

User Info: forrestzK08

forrestzK08
4 years ago#2
Yes. It is worse than the Titanic movie.
Sorry about any spelling mistakes. Most of my posts are from my phone when I'm bored at work.

User Info: scowl_owl_2

scowl_owl_2
4 years ago#3
It makes sense to not fast travel when you haven't got the locations on the map
Many original Xbox games graphics still look great to me.

User Info: Falloutgenuis

Falloutgenuis
4 years ago#4
It is much more fun IMO. You simply experience more of the game.
Gt: RAW DJ
You are now breathing manually.

User Info: charon78au

charon78au
4 years ago#5
Random encounters are a great source of money.

Thalmor kidnap squads can cash up your new characters, very quickly.
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78

User Info: Mythrender

Mythrender
4 years ago#6
I make one exception, just one. Once I've climbed to High Hrothgar, I will never do so again. Instead I allow myself to fast travel from Ivarstead to HH and from HH back down to Ivarstead.
GT: Nickguy

User Info: oORyuumaruOo

oORyuumaruOo
4 years ago#7
I was hoping to do a no-fast travel playthrough and have really enjoyed the amount of experience I get by doing so. Only once have I broken that rule when I accidentally fast traveled to Solitude while trying to place a map marker. The rest of the time I will take a horse or carriage.
Kojima Productions must reboot Tenchu!
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(3DS)

User Info: shino0regice

shino0regice
4 years ago#8
i never fast travel either,except when i have to go see the dumb beards. that mountain is just so irritating to walk it every time.
next time you rob a store make sure the person in there is not a 5 degree black belt.(my x-box live = megadeth9715) pokemon black FC: 1592 6406 7208 Chick

User Info: AflockOfHippies

AflockOfHippies
4 years ago#9
On my recent playthrough I am trying to avoid all types of fast travel. The scenery of Skyrim never seems to get old, you experience much, much more from the game as well. The only time I do fast-travel is to make a store/house run to either drop off or sell things before I become overencumbered and then go back to where I left off and start hoofing it from there to my next quests.
Momma always said groovy is as groovy does.Or was it video games are the devil? I sometimes forget I have a good memory. Game long and prosper.

User Info: trippinsands

trippinsands
4 years ago#10
i've tried a few walk/ride horse only play throughs.. it does get tedious when a fetch quest
turns into another go out and fetch quest which turns into another fetch quest..its hard to
resist the urge to fast travel back to the quest giver.. i always wind up giving in at some
point. But i will also admit i've had some interesting randoms happen while walking/riding.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Does anyone play without ever fast travelling?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived