How Do you Feel About Novels?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How Do you Feel About Novels?

User Info: Ajd_King

Ajd_King
4 years ago#1
Do you want more ES novels? - Results (56 votes)
No. Reading is bad.
12.5% (7 votes)
No. I'd rather they have a lore-dump in the game manual.
16.07% (9 votes)
Yes. I want them focused on events in the game.
7.14% (4 votes)
Yes. I want them focused on events between games.
33.93% (19 votes)
Yes. I want them focused on stuff way in the past/future.
23.21% (13 votes)
Other.
7.14% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Kgo.

(I mean the RL ones)
"I dream of a future where French people can stuff their asses full of noodles without having their motives questioned."
Magicalyn

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
4 years ago#2
I rather enjoy reading the books in game not at first though for the longest time I only ever read lusty argonian maid

but I kept seeing the Barenziah books and i got fed up who the hell is this person!?

collected all the volumes and rather enjoyed myself then i statred to read lots of the books i found :D

now in skyrim i get super irritated watching my friend play since he doesn't care about lore >_< or the books

i'm rambling... also i feel like you are talking about RL novles now i feel dumb *post*

User Info: sunbro1

sunbro1
4 years ago#3
I would like one telling the story of someone in a era or region we don't know much about.
Ours is the fury

User Info: DarthSchubert

DarthSchubert
4 years ago#4
I love the in game books. I do think there needs to be a way to make them easier to collect - either reduce weight or have them write to a log or something like that.

Obviously not immersive. But like above mentioned - for example barenziah's story, you need to shlep around several pounds of books until you complete the set and can read them all.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."

lenmutt
4 years ago#5
DarthSchubert posted...
I love the in game books. I do think there needs to be a way to make them easier to collect - either reduce weight or have them write to a log or something like that.

Obviously not immersive. But like above mentioned - for example barenziah's story, you need to shlep around several pounds of books until you complete the set and can read them all.

in oblivion (when i started reading the books)

i made a boxer book thief due too all the book stores in skyrim though finding a complete set is rough :/ and i noticed i tend to carry enough to effect my weight.... so certainly agree about the drop in weight i mean arrows weigh 0 pounds so why not books :D

User Info: TaigaWilliam

TaigaWilliam
4 years ago#6
Other: I want the current novels expanded tot he length of proper novels and scholarly works. I want them to assemble a team to make the Elder Scrolls lore and history worthy of serious scholarly study. You shouldn't be able to read a full series of 10+ volumes in a single sitting. Your library should be able to provide the amount of reading time as a real library. I would be much more interested in the books, if they were much, much longer and in much, much more depth. I just feel like I'm wasting my time reading them now, because there isn't enough in them to warrant my study.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8zqdbtIPJ1r2zzpyo13_r1_250.gif

User Info: TaigaWilliam

TaigaWilliam
4 years ago#7
Also, for the weight thing, they should have a quest that gives you the ability to teleport books you find from your person to an owned bookshelf. They should also have the option to automatically alphabetize a bookshelf. `-`
http://images.tvrage.com/shows/31/30118.jpg

User Info: A_Hairy_Waffle

A_Hairy_Waffle
4 years ago#8
You mean them fold outs? Covered up in scribblins?

User Info: FredCat07

FredCat07
4 years ago#9
lenmutt posted...
DarthSchubert posted...

i made a boxer book thief due too all the book stores in skyrim though finding a complete set is rough :/ and i noticed i tend to carry enough to effect my weight.... so certainly agree about the drop in weight i mean arrows weigh 0 pounds so why not books :D

Actually, fancy made books are weighting at least 5~10 pounds, so that's not true.
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif

lenmutt
4 years ago#10
FredCat07 posted...
lenmutt posted...
DarthSchubert posted...

Actually, fancy made books are weighting at least 5~10 pounds, so that's not true.

i'm an rpg hoarder sooo yeah it's true '_'
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How Do you Feel About Novels?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived