Game keeps freeing, any advice?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Game keeps freeing, any advice?

User Info: ESaddict

ESaddict
4 years ago#11
DarkJaydragon posted...
I have cleared my cache but I still get it, it has frozen on me around 7 times today alone.

If it's a pre patch, dlc save then start a brand new game. Some of my old characters had this problem so I just started fresh and it works fine now.

User Info: DarkJaydragon

DarkJaydragon
4 years ago#12
ESaddict posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
I have cleared my cache but I still get it, it has frozen on me around 7 times today alone.

If it's a pre patch, dlc save then start a brand new game. Some of my old characters had this problem so I just started fresh and it works fine now.

I started a fresh save, haven't played since the game first came out but got back in to it recently.
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.

User Info: DrNewcenstein

DrNewcenstein
4 years ago#13
To clear the game's cache, go into your Storage>Games menu and highlight the Skyrim listing, you should see a button option to clear cache or Details or something.
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.

DarkJaydragon
4 years ago#14
DrNewcenstein posted...
To clear the game's cache, go into your Storage>Games menu and highlight the Skyrim listing, you should see a button option to clear cache or Details or something.

I looked and it is only bringing up the option for copy, move or delete.

And yes, I didn't know notice the error in the title.
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.

User Info: Velvet_Llama

Velvet_Llama
4 years ago#15
Is the game freezing in any particular area? I started playing again recently (last time I had played was pre 1.4 patch I believe) and have been noticing that the game will freeze in a small area around Riften, near Goldenglow estate. I looked around online and noticed several PC players reporting the game crashing to the desktop in the exact same area. A crash to desktop sounds like the same kind of fault as the freezes I experienced (the system just suddenly locks up and is unresponsive).
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).

User Info: Velvet_Llama

Velvet_Llama
4 years ago#16
mdealassfault posted...
It's a Bethesda game, get used to it.

And then there's this jerk...
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).

DarkJaydragon
4 years ago#17
Velvet_Llama posted...
Is the game freezing in any particular area? I started playing again recently (last time I had played was pre 1.4 patch I believe) and have been noticing that the game will freeze in a small area around Riften, near Goldenglow estate. I looked around online and noticed several PC players reporting the game crashing to the desktop in the exact same area. A crash to desktop sounds like the same kind of fault as the freezes I experienced (the system just suddenly locks up and is unresponsive).

One place I have noticed it is when I walk on the road from Whiterun to Riverwood.

DarkJaydragon
4 years ago#18
Oh and I also get it a lot on loading screens.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Game keeps freeing, any advice?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived