Weird glitch I've never seen others talk about.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Weird glitch I've never seen others talk about.

User Info: Feral_Pancake

Feral_Pancake
4 months ago#1
This was from way back when so it surprises me that I haven't seen this anywhere online.

I was messing with the Dawnstar chest, like you do grinding crafting skills and all, when I was trying to get to the White Hall to disenchant stuff. I was over encumbered so I equipped a pickaxe (any dagger-speed weapon will do) to do running power attacks to go faster. I got too close to the miners and tried sheathing my weapon mid power attack to avoid hitting them. My character kept its running speed from the attack and ran right past the miners. After testing more I found you need be in third person for it work. If you time it just as your character starts to swing you can travel very fast while you sheathe your weapon. It has served me well all these years, no shouts or horses needed!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, I've looked around for other people talking about it since probably 2012-13. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
GT: Ahzuriei

User Info: Ghostfeet

Ghostfeet
4 months ago#2
I personally prefer to avoid glitches, bugs and exploits where possible. But this trick sounds intriguing, not something I've heard of before. But certainly something I may try one of these days.
I am a cat, who thinks he's a dog, and is trapped within a mans body.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 months ago#3
Animation overrides are a thing in a number of games. Skyrim has others too, like using the Block Runner perk to move at jogging speed while sneaking by raising your shield.

Then you have examples from other games like using Dagger Arts in Dark Souls 3 to dance your way through swampy muck which would otherwise slow you down to a crawl.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: IIJOSEPHXII

IIJOSEPHXII
4 months ago#4
Never thought of that. It'll give me something to do in between wuld nah kests

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 months ago#5
IIJOSEPHXII posted...
Never thought of that. It'll give me something to do in between wuld nah kests

Protip: Wuld Nah has the best ratio of distance to cooldown time.

"Wuld Nah!" "Rrraaghh!" "Rrraaghh!" "Rrraaghh!" "Wuld Nah!"

Also, after using Strong Back in Fallout 4 the next Elder Scrolls game needs a perk like that. So good to be able to jog normally when over encumbered.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
4 months ago#6
another method is to drop something to get under your load limit, pick it up using the cursor method and then walk along. you may even be able to jog along if it's light enough (favorite method of taking my dead fox for a trot)

your method is very good once you're outside the cave/dungeon and need to catch your horse so you can travel over-burdened. (careful you don't kill him!)

I did this once at the stable in Solitude as the horse was walking towards the docks, and when I finally caught him (power-strike, sheath, and mount) the horse leapt from near the stables over the inlet by the docks and crashed on the opposite shore (not the far side of the river, just the opposite side of the inlet that leads into the trading company warehouse)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#7
Finally the olld onne !

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#8
You can increase the speed of the forward power attack if you have the dual flurry perk and hold a weapon in your left hand, necromage dual flurry will increase the speed further still to the point that a normal whirlwind sprint shouter would never be able to keep up and vastly faster than normal sprinting itself. You will have trouble turning so watch the cliffs.

It can also be performed backwards if you press back at the moment of the forward motion but is tricky to perform and does not travel as far but can be used to avoid enemies while encumbered.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Weird glitch I've never seen others talk about.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived