With how well this game holds up today, it's crazy to think how good ES6 will be

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. With how well this game holds up today, it's crazy to think how good ES6 will be

User Info: Dave_Gahan

Dave_Gahan
4 months ago#1
in 2019 or w/e

I just recently discovered Skyrim about a couple months ago. I always knew about it but since I never really liked Fallout games and dragons and swords aren't my thing, I thought I wouldn't like Skyrim. Boy was I wrong.

This game is the s***. It's crazy to think this came out in 2011. The remastered plays and holds up like an actual current gen game. Imagine how much more in depth Bethesda could take this s*** since ES6 will likely be two generations ahead of Skyrim.
HOUSTON TEXANS
SAVAGE/WATSON/WEEDEN 2017

User Info: GhoraAura

GhoraAura
4 months ago#2
Yeah i play skyrim almost 24/7 for about 6 years all day long done everything there is on it but i still play i pretend like i live there in skyrim

User Info: NoOne3389

NoOne3389
4 months ago#3
I just got back into gaming again, mainly to play this game. I had played it at a friends when it first came out and really liked it. Now i am straight hooked. Also got into the fallouts recently. Bethesda sure does know how to make an immersive open world.

User Info: NinjaWaffle

NinjaWaffle
4 months ago#4
We're never getting ES6

At this point i'm almost convinced that the only elder scrolls content we're ever going to see going forward is Skyrim rereleases and ports.
PSN - Ureska
3DS FC - 4871 - 6490 - 3903

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 months ago#5
The build up of hype is going to be beyond whatever Bethesda eventually releases. That's why they're waiting until 2020 to worry about seriously making the game. They'll say it's due to technological concerns, but I think you can safely translate that into, "We need tech to advance so much so that we're able to put out a product which won't disappoint people into thinking that we released Skyrim 1.5."
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
4 months ago#6
DuneMan posted...
The build up of hype is going to be beyond whatever Bethesda eventually releases. That's why they're waiting until 2020 to worry about seriously making the game. They'll say it's due to technological concerns, but I think you can safely translate that into, "We need tech to advance so much so that we're able to put out a product which won't disappoint people into thinking that we released Skyrim 1.5."

It's real simple, take most of the combat mechanics and start adding stuff, like I don't know spellmaking or an actually decent amount of spells in the game. I'm pretty sure they left the shouting mechanic in the GECK for FO4, so they just need an option to remap keys so we as a player base can actually add real things like an actual wheel instead of the crap quick menu stuff.

It's just so blatantly obvious as to what would make the games a much more enjoyable experience.

P.S. dodge rolls are stupid and mostly unrealistic. I prefer a quick side step to get a better feel.

User Info: 200what

200what
4 months ago#7
WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT!!! You jinxed it, if es6 is sh*t then i will find you and replace every object in your house with sweetrolls
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Thru Passion I gain Strength. Thru Strength I gain Power. Thru Power I gain Victory. Thru Victory my chains are Broken.

User Info: DarthSchubert

DarthSchubert
4 months ago#8
I mean, based off of Fallout 3 I expected Fallout 4 to be amazing but then it was pretty much just the same thing. Though I think it is well established Bethesda devotes more resources to TES than to FO.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 months ago#9
DarthSchubert posted...
I mean, based off of Fallout 3 I expected Fallout 4 to be amazing but then it was pretty much just the same thing. Though I think it is well established Bethesda devotes more resources to TES than to FO.

With Skyrim Bethesda channeled Bob Ross as the Tenth Divine. :P

They'll certainly have their work cut out for them in 2020, or 2022, when they decide to reveal TES6.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: vhiran

vhiran
4 months ago#10
TES6 will go the way of Half Life 3 IMO.
inventor of the CHILL raid run.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. With how well this game holds up today, it's crazy to think how good ES6 will be

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived