Apparently, empire supporters are hypocrites

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Apparently, empire supporters are hypocrites

User Info: Sin_of_Chaos

Sin_of_Chaos
2 months ago#1
I mean, Ulfric was in the legion. The Markarth incident took place before the Stormcloaks even formed and Ulfric was in the legion at the time and he did have people in the legion involved with the Markarth incident yet people go around blaming Ulfric and the other soldiers for the incident yet they still continue to support the Empire anyway.

User Info: xRonMexico

xRonMexico
2 months ago#2
Feels a lot like real life in some ways, doesn't it?
PSN: ZeteRonMexico

User Info: Sin_of_Chaos

Sin_of_Chaos
2 months ago#3
In ways it actually does.

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
2 months ago#4
My memory is fuzzy. Was the Incident sanctioned by the Empire?

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
2 months ago#5
LordTrinen posted...
My memory is fuzzy. Was the Incident sanctioned by the Empire?

It didn't have to be. Invaders invade imperial lands, soldiers don't need an ok to start a counter offensive when you don't have instant communication. No where does it say that the Empire told Ulfric not to do it.

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
2 months ago#6
Sin_of_Chaos posted...
I mean, Ulfric was in the legion. The Markarth incident took place before the Stormcloaks even formed and Ulfric was in the legion at the time and he did have people in the legion involved with the Markarth incident yet people go around blaming Ulfric and the other soldiers for the incident yet they still continue to support the Empire anyway.

What are they blaming Ulfric for again? The incident or the consequences of a jarl promising to commit a crime in exchange for services rendered and then being forced to break that promise by imperial pressures?

What I understand the hypocrisy to be is that just because an injustice isn't being enforced doesn't mean you shouldn't fight to ensure it is removed. Ulfric's motives are plain as day. From the start he has fought for the freedom to worship talos. The only way to ensure that in his mind was to become king. Simple. That and it kicks the Thalmor out of skyrim.

User Info: vhiran

vhiran
2 months ago#7
Seeing as how the thalmor will execute someone on the spot sans trial if they admit to worshipping Talos or even if they look at them funny ... Lol, yeah, nobody should stand for that s*** in any universe.

Plus the fact that Hammerfell was able to beat the elves on their own just kind of makes the whole "only skyrim and the empire together can win " total BS.
inventor of the CHILL raid run.

User Info: IIJOSEPHXII

IIJOSEPHXII
2 months ago#8
The game lacks a post-main quest/civil war dlc where you can side with the Imperials, but also finally defeat the Thalmor and restore Talos worship to Skyrim. I think the shelved Redguard dlc would have done that.

User Info: 200what

200what
2 months ago#9
Sin_of_Chaos posted...

OK, well they don't blame the incident on him, they blame the atrocities that occurred afterwards on him, the killing of people who didn't help him retake the city, torture of natives to reveal the location of other reachmen, and the murder of the reachmen who had surrendered.

Jarl Hrolfdir, Jarl of Markarth, promised Ulfric free worship of Talos if he helped, which he did grant. Long story short the empire went up to Markarth and Ulfric refused to let them into the city, the empire agreed to let talos be worshipped and hoped the dominion wouldn't notice, and then the Dominion forced the Empire to imprison Ulfric and led to Ulfric's rebellion.
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Thru Passion I gain Strength. Thru Strength I gain Power. Thru Power I gain Victory. Thru Victory my chains are Broken.

User Info: 200what

200what
2 months ago#10
Darg727 posted...
What I understand the hypocrisy to be is that just because an injustice isn't being enforced doesn't mean you shouldn't fight to ensure it is removed. Ulfric's motives are plain as day. From the start he has fought for the freedom to worship talos. The only way to ensure that in his mind was to become king. Simple. That and it kicks the Thalmor out of skyrim.

He didn't really need the freedom to worship Talos, it was technically illegal to worship, but it was one of those things that nobody enforced until Ulfric caused problems about it
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Thru Passion I gain Strength. Thru Strength I gain Power. Thru Power I gain Victory. Thru Victory my chains are Broken.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Apparently, empire supporters are hypocrites

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived