Apparently, empire supporters are hypocrites

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Apparently, empire supporters are hypocrites

User Info: 200what

200what
2 months ago#31
If you doubt the thalmor could take on Skyrim then you're purposefully blind. The thalmor won't attack high hrothgar until after Skyrim is secure, if they do at all. You assume the guilds will help too. The companions will, maybe the college but thats doubtful, but they're still too weak. Morrowind is f***ed atm, the high wizards there are a bit preoccupied. Phalnax vs Chain lightning cast by a hundred powerful wizards repeatedly
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Thru Passion I gain Strength. Thru Strength I gain Power. Thru Power I gain Victory. Thru Victory my chains are Broken.

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
2 months ago#32
200what posted...
If you doubt the thalmor could take on Skyrim then you're purposefully blind. The thalmor won't attack high hrothgar until after Skyrim is secure, if they do at all. You assume the guilds will help too. The companions will, maybe the college but thats doubtful, but they're still too weak. Morrowind is f***ed atm, the high wizards there are a bit preoccupied. Phalnax vs Chain lightning cast by a hundred powerful wizards repeatedly

And what are you basing this off of? Yes, the Altmer are more attuned to magic (which also increases their susceptibility to it), but they still have a majority of the population that don't have the ability to use magic. According to lore the Altmer were nearly as devestated as the empire was after the empire took back the imperial city (by imperial estimates).

Yes, a concentration of a hundred casters would devestate a large portion of the opposition however you are also discounting the effectiveness of counter magic and protection magic. Despite the nords stigma against most magic, restoration is still widely used in skyrim and those users all dabble in other magics.

User Info: vhiran

vhiran
2 months ago#33
And what are you basing this off of?

his anus
inventor of the CHILL raid run.

200what
2 months ago#34
vhiran, not even lie I laughed at that.

Anyways, The thalmor have better training and they also have melee fighters as well, all of which are armed in superior gear. They would win in a fight (in game you can test this, thalmor destroy stormcloaks).

Just a side note the Dominion is already inside Skyrim, they have a fort and embassy, plus agents in the field. They could wreak havoc and/or sabotage the defenses
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Thru Passion I gain Strength. Thru Strength I gain Power. Thru Power I gain Victory. Thru Victory my chains are Broken.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
2 months ago#35
The embassy is weird from a gameplay standpoint though. You're considered trespassing in there, and everything you take is considered stealing, but there is never anyone there.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Darg727
2 months ago#36
200what posted...
vhiran, not even lie I laughed at that.

Anyways, The thalmor have better training and they also have melee fighters as well, all of which are armed in superior gear. They would win in a fight (in game you can test this, thalmor destroy stormcloaks).

Just a side note the Dominion is already inside Skyrim, they have a fort and embassy, plus agents in the field. They could wreak havoc and/or sabotage the defenses

That's because the stormcloaks mostly fight legion troops and gameplay mechanics.

As for the fort and embassy, they get kicked out by Ulfric once the war is over.

200what
2 months ago#37
Duneman the embassy.

And they may get kicked out, but the elves probably are hiding in Skyrim to observe and act if necessary. Its gameplay and lore. For example, the blades were hunted down by the Dominion and the blades are far more skilled than the stormcloaks.

But lets say every stormcloak is on par with the thalmor. The Dominion can use the mt passes to keep the stormcloaks in Skyrim, and skyrim doesn't have the naval capacity to sail out, so thet are trapped. The dominion will just wear them down over time. The dominion also has a steady flow of human soldiers to use for that purpose.

You still haven't acknowledged the extremely powerful artifacts that the dominion has and Skyrim severely lacks

Darg727
1 month ago#38
200what posted...
Duneman the embassy.

And they may get kicked out, but the elves probably are hiding in Skyrim to observe and act if necessary. Its gameplay and lore. For example, the blades were hunted down by the Dominion and the blades are far more skilled than the stormcloaks.

But lets say every stormcloak is on par with the thalmor. The Dominion can use the mt passes to keep the stormcloaks in Skyrim, and skyrim doesn't have the naval capacity to sail out, so thet are trapped. The dominion will just wear them down over time. The dominion also has a steady flow of human soldiers to use for that purpose.

You still haven't acknowledged the extremely powerful artifacts that the dominion has and Skyrim severely lacks

What's there to acknowledge? We all know the dominion has those artifacts. What we don't know is what those artifacts do. We also know that the Empire is also tracking artifacts down.

In order for the Thalmor to cut the mountain passes they would have to be cut off themselves as they would be in hostile territory. The Nords also have much more experience traveling the icy waterways.

There are spies everywhere. The empire has thalmor spies at every level of government guaranteed.

User Info: OlendraDivine

OlendraDivine
1 month ago#39
There is no way the Thalmor could defeat Skyrim. The Thalmor's endgame is to control all of Tamriel - if they were capable of this then they never would have proposed the WGC... they simply would have destroyed the legion and moved on from there. The emperor, who has no right to the title, was too stupid to see how weak the Thalmor had become (if they were ever strong - since a lot of their victories stem from psychological warfare - not physical) so he got played by not realizing the WGC was meant to divide the empire and allow the Thalmor time to regroup; Skyrim and Hammerfell are thus sacrificed. Hammerfell told the empire to eff off - they did - Hammerfell then proceeds to kick the Thalmor out. Skyrim told the empire to eff off - they refused - and are now helping the Thalmor by dividing Skyrim.

Why would the empire leave Hammerfell but not Skyrim? Hmm, lucrative trade routes maybe? They certainly didn't help Skyrim during the Oblivion crisis, they didn't help during the Markarth incident, they didn't help when Winterhold collapsed, they didn't help Hammerfell, in fact, the empire hasn't helped anyone but themselves. Now that Skyrim wants sovereignty the empire wants to "help" against the Thalmor - scaring townsfolks into turning against their freedom by claiming how big of a boogieman the Thalmor are and how "evil" Ulfric is.

If the empire truly wanted to defeat the Thalmor then they'd allow Skyrim to unify under sovereignty. Ulfric would drive the Thalmor out of Skyrim, recruit High Rock and Hammerfell, the three nations would march into Cyrodiil and defeat the Thalmor there. Then all four nations would march into Summerset and destroy the Thalmor for good. Every nation in Tamriel would then be sovereign - the way it should be.

And Ulfric doesn't want to be king. He says the new king should be chosen by moot - if that be the case, then Ulfric could have appointed jarls who'd favor him - he didn't do that. In fact, his dream is a Skyrim that doesn't need a ruling class.

200what
1 month ago#40
The WGC wasn't necessary to defest the empire, it was necessary to defeat the empire AND have a stong enough army to guard against potential threats. Anyways you're all underestimating the Dominion, they are masters of manipulation. They don't strictly need physical prowess, though they do have it, as they are skilled at making the enemy fight itself. Whatever they lack in power they make up for in strategy. Anyway who gives a sh*t about who was stronger at the time of the WGC, at the moment the empire is weak and the provinces are weak. The Dominion is not.

Side note the empire cares about skyrim, its been an exchange of mutual protection and trade for a long time, the empire was physically unable to help during and after the crisis. Plus they're the only thing keeping high rock from in-fighting
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Apparently, empire supporters are hypocrites

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived