Probably been said over a million times but dragons really do ruin Skyrim.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Probably been said over a million times but dragons really do ruin Skyrim.

User Info: omega_dog

omega_dog
1 month ago#1
Tried playing using mostly illusion can't do it because illusion is completely useless against dragons.

Tried playing stealth only can't do cause dragons just fly around casting fire/frost breath with no chance of a stealth attack.

Tried playing illusion/conjuration using illusion to get people to kill each other and conjuration to raise the dead only do able if I keep dead thralls with me which defeats my roleplaying.

I really don't want to have to use swords and bows all the time because that really limits roleplaying.

Why the hell did they think we would love the idea of fighting giant cliff racers.

You know what kinda enemy is missing from oblivion?

Flying ones.
Wo doen' ov agood mth ad?

User Info: Pairedsnake

Pairedsnake
1 month ago#2
If you do not follow through after the golden claw quest and fight the dragon outside whiterun you won't have dragons spawn
FC: 0490-5607-5166

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
1 month ago#3
Counterpoint, dragons also add an element of unpredictability that enhances roleplay by preventing the player from being completely in control.

It does kind of suck that they make having a form of direct damage such a necessity, but that still leaves tons of room for character possibilities. And that's not even including the fact that you can keep them turned of if you really want.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
1 month ago#4
Or you know, illusion has invisibility. Makes it real easy to avoid dragons. If you want to play a character a certain way, doesn't mean you always have to kill everything.

Plus running away is also a viable tactic.

User Info: xRonMexico

xRonMexico
1 month ago#5
I think this game forces you to be multi-skilled. I understand what you're saying about specific role play elements but I would argue that the points you're making are a bit too granular for this game. If you could be full stealth with everything then you wouldn't be challenged. Same with an illusion/conjuration combination. Sometimes blades and bows can land you in some annoying trouble too. Don't forget that!
PSN: ZeteRonMexico

User Info: BlackestGarden

BlackestGarden
1 month ago#6
For an illusion only build, you'll have to get some followers. I can't imagine you'd only do illusion, maybe invest in some conjuration? Two storm atronachs with the right perks make short work of dragons--maybe not legendary dragons, but most of them.

Dragonrend-->Conjure Atronachs/Dremora Lords-->Invis/Hide while your follower puts in some additional work. I suggest Marcurio for dragons because range and high level spells.

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
1 month ago#7
What sucks balls, extremely hard, is when a dragon kills NPCs that can actually give you side quests. It ALWAYS happens in this one specific village and it pisses me off, so I would have to reload the game all the time or go do something else and come back, because it was like clockwork when that dragon shows up.

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 weeks ago#8
Tried playing stealth only can't do cause dragons just fly around casting fire/frost breath with no chance of a stealth attack.

The problem is that you're getting caught in the first place. That's not stealth.

It would also be bad design, at least in the case of this game, to be able to use the same answer for everything. Heck, the whole point of having different skills at all is that they do different things with different strengths and weaknesses.
chicken salad sandwich

User Info: 200what

200what
3 weeks ago#9
They did dragons perfectly, they aren't frequent but they aren't rare, they are strong but not op, they are hard to kill but have worthwhile loot, etc. etc. etc.
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Thru Passion I gain Strength. Thru Strength I gain Power. Thru Power I gain Victory. Thru Victory my chains are Broken.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#10
If you just want to get rid of the random attacks do the main quest until you 'fail' the objective to get the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. That stops all random dragon attacks until you complete A Blade in the Dark. You can still fight dragons at Word Walls, but they won't randomly spawn.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Probably been said over a million times but dragons really do ruin Skyrim.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.