Probably been said over a million times but dragons really do ruin Skyrim.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Probably been said over a million times but dragons really do ruin Skyrim.
A logo of a dragon is on the cover of the game. The protagonist is called "Dragonborn". The main story (which is optional) involves fighting a veritable army of dragons to save the world.

You chose to play as David Copperfield. Dragons don't care if you can pull a rabbit out of a hat.
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: cyberdubs

cyberdubs
4 weeks ago#42
I agree. Its annoying trying to do quests when random dragons kill all the npcs
Let me guess, Someone stole your sweetroll.

User Info: DeadMeat2Koo

DeadMeat2Koo
3 weeks ago#43
Ramza1 posted...
Counterpoint, dragons also add an element of unpredictability that enhances roleplay by preventing the player from being completely in control.

It does kind of suck that they make having a form of direct damage such a necessity, but that still leaves tons of room for character possibilities. And that's not even including the fact that you can keep them turned of if you really want.

Would be a fair point if the dragons were actually hard or had any variety.
i7 6850k @ 4.8Ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, GTX 1080 x2, Seasonic 1000W, 512 GB Intel SSD, 4TB Black HDD

User Info: JOExHIGASHI

JOExHIGASHI
3 weeks ago#44
DeadMeat2Koo posted...
Ramza1 posted...
Counterpoint, dragons also add an element of unpredictability that enhances roleplay by preventing the player from being completely in control.

It does kind of suck that they make having a form of direct damage such a necessity, but that still leaves tons of room for character possibilities. And that's not even including the fact that you can keep them turned of if you really want.

Just having them randomly appear adds fun.
Puzzle and Dragons: 338 705 421

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#45
DeadMeat2Koo posted...

The difficulty does jump up with Ancient and then Legendary Dragons. Early on though they're probably less dangerous than Sabercats or Bears.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 weeks ago#46
Some different dragon AIs would be nice. They're supposed to be intelligent, but most of them just seem to want me to eat their soul.
[ s p e e d b o o s t ]
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
2 weeks ago#47
JOExHIGASHI posted...
DeadMeat2Koo posted...
Ramza1 posted...

Just having them randomly appear adds fun.

That's the point I was going for. TES is not the place to look if you're looking for a legitimately challenging experience. For me the benefit of dragons is that they break up predictability with their interruptions. And while they are not a great threat to you (usually), the risk they present to NPCs can add some tension.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: NeroDantes

NeroDantes
1 week ago#48
I used to be annoyed at the dragon spawn when exploring the game but now I actually look forward to fighting dragons, I am a lvl 81 now but at lower levels the prospect of killing dragons was always rewarding. Plus who doesn't love that background music that kicks in when encountering one. I started playing on legendary around level 65 and dragons are hella dangerous whether you have capped armor or high magic resist. Its still fun though.
-I used to be excited about DLC's like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee-
PSN: NeroARIDANTES

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 week ago#49
I'd like for the survival mode, or the sequel, to redo how armor works entirely. For once, I'd like for the game to not be breakable, or at least not without some very niche, very granular method.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU
I love that there are dragons in this game. I have fun fighting them and killing them. Though then again, I play as the warrior class. So I have no idea of your hardships of dragons while playing as a mage or a thief.
"A bit of advice. Try using knives next time, works better for close encounters." Leon Resident Evil 4
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Probably been said over a million times but dragons really do ruin Skyrim.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.