Probably been said over a million times but dragons really do ruin Skyrim.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Probably been said over a million times but dragons really do ruin Skyrim.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#51
MasterAdeptAlex posted...
I love that there are dragons in this game. I have fun fighting them and killing them. Though then again, I play as the warrior class. So I have no idea of your hardships of dragons while playing as a mage or a thief.

As they have ranged attacks they are both much easier to kill dragons with so that is a bit of weird remark.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 month ago#52
Not really. Dragons have ranged attacks, but the cone of their ranged attacks can be avoided if you're close enough. Actually, if you're close enough and keep strafing, they won't be able to hit with any breath attacks unless they move to a better position.

Also, heavier warriors can straight up ignore most attacks from most dragons on most difficulties. Warriors have it easiest and fastest, just on the basis of being the most direct and dragons having higher magical resistances than weapon resistances.

This isn't taking into consideration restoloop, of course.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#53
Depends if they want to land though as some are hell bent on flying, a proper archer can kill them with a single arrow before they even get to land for the warrior to despatch. Mages can stun lock them to death which is slower but ensures the dragon will not be able to do anything unless you let it.

They have lower magic resistance pertaining the opposite element so the magic defense is dependant on that.

Warriors can do alot of damage when they get close to it but the dragons like to move around alot and by the time you corner it it may have killed a townie as is my experience.

Having said that I only play on master difficulty and the ability to hit them while they are airborne cannot be passed up as opposed to a lower setting I guess.

Guide
1 month ago#54
a proper archer can kill them with a single arrow

Whaaat? Without using any glitches?
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#55
Guide posted...
a proper archer can kill them with a single arrow

I had a archer who one shot an elder dragon on master. This character only had alchemy perks and was using only 3 pre enchanted items that were not all 40%. I had a ebony bow and used an iron arrow to achieve this. When using all 3 skills self enchantments are stronger and combined that with a proper smithed dragonbone bow then it is easy to assume that a single drabonbone arrow from a dragonbone bow would fell an Legendary dragon on master with ease.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
1 month ago#56
Guide posted...

Yeah, it's pretty easy. Wear anything and everything that can hold a Fortify Archery enchantment, as it's fully multiplicative with perks and skills and potions and stealth. Multiples on top of multiples on top of multiples allows you to deal 10,000+ damage per arrow.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Guide
1 month ago#57
I already do, since I'm running a wood elf rogue, but I can't imagine getting that high without restoloop.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
1 month ago#58
Guide posted...
Not really. Dragons have ranged attacks, but the cone of their ranged attacks can be avoided if you're close enough. Actually, if you're close enough and keep strafing, they won't be able to hit with any breath attacks unless they move to a better position.

Also, heavier warriors can straight up ignore most attacks from most dragons on most difficulties. Warriors have it easiest and fastest, just on the basis of being the most direct and dragons having higher magical resistances than weapon resistances.

This isn't taking into consideration restoloop, of course.

Just don't hit 90% health when facing a legendary dragon in melee range on legendary difficulty or you have a high chance of being instagibbed. My 1000+ health warrior was chomped to death several times even with maxed armor and blocking.

User Info: ebSkyrim

ebSkyrim
1 month ago#59
Dragons are dicks honestly, I was doing the Goldenglow mission, and a dragon attacked as I was trying to burn only three bee hives, then the dragon thought it'd be fun to burn the rest and Brynjolf got mad at me because of it.

User Info: TheSacredRing

TheSacredRing
1 month ago#60
Not as bad as Oblivion Gates.
Blarg and Kupo
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Probably been said over a million times but dragons really do ruin Skyrim.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived