Okay I'm ready to start dawngaurd

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Okay I'm ready to start dawngaurd

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
4 months ago#11
Honestly, when it comes to Elder Scrolls, I choose to never become a Vampire, because I find it utterly annoying. Even though achievements aren't part of the actual game, it disappoints me to know that there are achievements for playing both sides. I never liked that, because it forces you (or they want you) to play through the game again to see the differences. Missable cheevos are lame.

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
4 months ago#12
The missable achievements are all on one side though, and it's always nice to have a little incentive to play the other side on your next time through (the disabling of achievements if you use any mods is stupid though).

And I wasn't sure if anyone answered TC's last question, but there are no missable achievements if you choose the vampire side. You can cure your vampirism later, become a werewolf and then get the perks then (unless you complete the Companions before getting all the perks and before becoming a vampire?)

User Info: SuperDryBonzo

SuperDryBonzo
3 months ago#13
Yes I would highly recommend you start dawnguard as you get and extremely powerful god artefact at the end which if you're a vampire or not can't grant you a twelve hour night cycle per bloodcursed arrow which added on top of normal night is very useful for a vampire , if you choose to side with the dawnguard then the artefact can also do sun damage to nearby enemies and does triple damage to the undead if you for some reason don't want to use this after dawnguard then it can be good to have for decoration as well, also at the end you can get and ancient falmer cuirass,which you will find out about at the end

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
3 months ago#14
At dawnguard sides, you get more NPC followers than on the Vampire sides, in addition you will have access to two huskies and armored trolls.

You still can be vampire lords on dawnguard side via Serana but you indeed lose the unique vampire lords artifacts that is only uncovered if you side with vampires.

I personally like Dawnguard simply because you don't inevitably became their ruler at the end of the quest.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

User Info: Big_Nabendu

Big_Nabendu
3 months ago#15
So.... In order to get the vampire and werewolf perks... Thats 2 different playthroughs right?
Dashboard or die, forest ganker.
GT Nabendu \[T]/ Owner of 500 and Leader of sunbro board

User Info: Divided_By_One

Divided_By_One
3 months ago#16
Big_Nabendu posted...
So.... In order to get the vampire and werewolf perks... Thats 2 different playthroughs right?

Well, if you are a werewolf when you are given the option to become a DG vampire, you get told it will over write your werewolfism. Alternatively, I assume but haven't checked, if you are a vampire when you get to become a werewolf it over rides that. So you can get them both on one play through, if you make sure to finish with your first form before you change to your second.

Thematically, though, I would just do different playthroughs.
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
3 months ago#17
You theoretically can get both in 1 playtrough just not simultaneously barring using glitch.

While you can be Vamp Lord for unlimited time with Serana(for Dawnguard side, just don't ask her to cure her vampirism), Aela will only offer you once to be werewolf again.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
3 months ago#18
YAMBAG84 posted...
Honestly, when it comes to Elder Scrolls, I choose to never become a Vampire, because I find it utterly annoying. Even though achievements aren't part of the actual game, it disappoints me to know that there are achievements for playing both sides. I never liked that, because it forces you (or they want you) to play through the game again to see the differences. Missable cheevos are lame.

@YAMBAG84 I was never going to do the vampire side of things because f*** those damned vamps but i was irked by a glitch with having 2 fake drain vitality shouts and some other word wall glitch quest with the monks of ... high hothgar sp? the mountain and so i deleted dawnguard and reinstalled it and right away it gave me the achievement for getting all the vampire perks and it was awesome.

Don't know if this factored in or not but i had gotten all the werewolves perks beforehand and had cured myself of it and had only done the first 3 Dawnguard quests.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Big_Nabendu

Big_Nabendu
3 months ago#19
Its sad I didn't start it
But soon my friends and I'll post results.
Dashboard or die, forest ganker.
GT Nabendu \[T]/ Owner of 500 and Leader of sunbro board
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Okay I'm ready to start dawngaurd

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived