Suggested set up for "Master" mage (90+skills)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Suggested set up for "Master" mage (90+skills)

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
2 months ago#1
I am currently leveling my mage skills (sans enchanting) to 90 or above before I start any of the game (well to unlock dragons then College quests). I am looking for suggestions on equipment/stones.

- I assume the Archmage robes are a given

- I will originally have Morokei for the headgear, but wonder is something is better

- I usually have heavy gauntlets and light boots. This is so I can level light and heavy armor. I "may" switch to armor pieces, depending on the following

=== Enchantments: What would be the best enchantments to put on any applicable gear? I will specialize in Restoration and Destruction (will do the blue palace plate glitch when I get done this godforsaken Destructo/Resto grinding) if this helps

=== Standing Stones: Currently have the Mage Stone for the grinding, so probably need to change that. Please give suggestions for Dawnguard as well, since I may install DG to get the Crown (speaking of which, are you able to get 4 total stones or is that just for the Guardian/Lover stone combo, which I have on different save)

Any other suggestions would be appreciated
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
2 months ago#2
Necromage Vampires utilizing Archmage Robes with double enchant gear do well. Due to sheer magicka consumption getting Destruction down to 0% is welcome. I normally do Fortify Magicka for the double enchant. This lets you utilize multiple Master level spells from other schools without breaking a sweat; and magicka regen is percentage-based anyway so you get a double benefit.

Magic Absorption is one route mages take to nullify hostile enemy spells, though that also interferes with some of the player's own magic(Atromancy and Cloak spells immediately come to mind). An alternative is to just use Magic Resistance. Bretons are a good choice for that because they reach the cap easily enough(racial bonus, Lord Stone, and Alteration perks reach the cap, even without Necromage Vampire bonuses) and can still activate a decent Absorption effect in combat thanks to their Greater Power.

If you're using armor for your hands and feet you might as well just throw on some Legendary Daedric/Dragonbone stuff since that should propel you a fair way toward the armor cap.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
2 months ago#3
Thank you Dune, for a wicked Kingdom ruler, your words of wisdom echo true. Then again, I am the Duke with the beautiful beard and such benevolence is not soon forgotten.

I did max Alteration for Atronach and magic resistance, since it was fairly easy to do. That, resto and Destro will be the ones maxed.
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Suggested set up for "Master" mage (90+skills)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived