Ralof/Hadvar *poss spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Ralof/Hadvar *poss spoilers*

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
1 month ago#1
After choosing a path to follow, what happens to the one you chose not to follow? Also, if you complete the civil war, where are these 2, regardless of what side you fought for?

Example: You follow Hadvar into Helgen Keep, what becomes of Ralof?

Example 2: you fight for Valspar Stormcoat, I mean Ulfric Stormcloak and succeed in their cause. Does Hadvar disappear?

I ask as I am not a fan of the civil war tbh.

One last q: is it possible to have all holds have 1 type of guard (like all imperials or stormcloaks in every hold instead of the holds original guards. I assume one has to do so via the main quest or something as well as civil war. If you can explain in detail the steps, i will be grateful.
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
1 month ago#2
IIRC the one you don't follow just disappears from the game. Presumably, from the dialogs you get from the one you do choose to follow, they don't make it out of Helgen alive without your help.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Veezara

Veezara
1 month ago#3
You never see them again if you join the side of the one you escaped with. If you escape with one then join the other side then they will be with you in the war but won't be quite as happy to see you, not angry but not as friendly as if you escape with them.
So if I went with Hadvar then Ralof would be there when I join the Knights of Windhelm, he'd be giving the missions like normal but he wouldn't be quite as friendly.
In Sinmir We Trust

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
1 month ago#4
Hadvar wins for me, he asked something like, "so you are dragon born. Is it your Da or Ma?"
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

User Info: 200what

200what
1 month ago#5
You can't get them all the same, if you join the imperials there will always be solitude guards, the same happens with stormcloaks and windhelm guards
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Thru Passion I gain Strength. Thru Strength I gain Power. Thru Power I gain Victory. Thru Victory my chains are Broken.

Veezara
1 month ago#6
If you want as many hold guards to be the same as possible then the Knights of Windhelm would be the better choice. Windhelm is already guarded by them and the Imperials initially have an extra hold, Whiterun, and well, it is the hold where the guards are lazy and undisciplined. Things need to change. Get some Knights of Windhem to guard it and the 10th Divine as their commander. Also although it isn't identical the Dawnstar and Winterhold guards wear blue so it's just the Riften guards who will be noticeably different.
Imperials on the other hand 4 holds can change to Imperial guards and Solitude has it's own guards.
So Imperials, 4/9 holds can change, 5 holds each with different guards. Stormcloaks after the war 6/9 holds will have Stormcloak guards, 2 will have guards in blue, only Riften will be different with guards in purple.
In Sinmir We Trust

meanspirit90
1 month ago#7
Yeah I think by messing with Season unending, we can have that effect. But don't quote me on that. I forget what the guard would be if I take Markarth / Riften back after I deal with Alduin.

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
1 month ago#8
meanspirit90 posted...
Yeah I think by messing with Season unending, we can have that effect. But don't quote me on that. I forget what the guard would be if I take Markarth / Riften back after I deal with Alduin.

That was my orihinal thought, join stormcloaks, get Whiterun then do quest up to season unending. Try to get as many to change hands, assuming soldiers will occupy the new hold.
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

meanspirit90
1 month ago#9
Since there is no reasonable jarls from Stormcloak side for my taste, I always side with Imperials. Well the security in Whiterun is indeed terrible, shameful is what it is.

Veezara
1 month ago#10
Katsuro posted...
meanspirit90 posted...

That was my orihinal thought, join stormcloaks, get Whiterun then do quest up to season unending. Try to get as many to change hands, assuming soldiers will occupy the new hold.

They go back to the way they are before the war when you retake. So in my case Riften will be taken over by Imperial Soldiers after Season Unending. My choices are stop the Civil War quests, they'll stay or retake Riften, the default Riften Guards return.
SU does allow you to get the replacement Jarls like Brina exiled but there is a bug they never fixed that prevents Maven getting exiled if you give away Riften then retake it..
In Sinmir We Trust
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Ralof/Hadvar *poss spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived