Whats the best equipment set for the game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Whats the best equipment set for the game?

User Info: swolemdj

swolemdj
3 months ago#1
Armor and Weapons.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
3 months ago#2
Best is a matter of opinion. Some like stats, others like looks. What kind of character are you making?
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

User Info: 0UT0FTH3G4M3R

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
3 months ago#3
For purposes of best stats, Daedric armor and Dragonbone weapons are the best.
The petty squabbles of lesser men and the common rabble are of no greater concern to my grand design.

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
3 months ago#4
Well even Iron Armor can reach damage reduction cap if you are seriously into smithing, alchemy and enchanting.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

swolemdj
3 months ago#5
I was wondering without smithing, what armor or weapons have the highest base stats.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#6
0UT0FTH3G4M3R already told you, although miraaks sword at its highest level is slightly stronger than a dragonbone one. The deathbrand set may have the highest armour rating without smithing but you are limited to the pre enchantments already on the pieces.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

meanspirit90
3 months ago#7
Well without smithing, good luck trying to find all the Daedric and Dragonbone swag.

The best commonly offered in store and loot is probably Ebony on Heavy, Glass on Light Armor.

With a little smithing though, you can haz a full daedric set when all your enemy are still in steel armor. (Hint : Orc mine full of Ebony and A certain wood elf on college of winterhold)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#8
Daedric is easy to get if you use the forge under the college of Winterhold, you will need to know what to combine though, you can only get three dragonbone weapons if you are not smithing from the soul cairn and you must be at least level 40 or something.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

swolemdj
3 months ago#9
Ok. Thanks guys

meanspirit90
3 months ago#10
Okay correct me if I am wrong, to to even use the Forge to create Daedric, you must do master Conjuration quest first at 90. Not to mention you need 5 Dwarven Centurion Core which I will let you guess where that comes from.

Smithing at 90 and taking daedric perk allowing it to be honed further and you are in no danger to acquire the ingredients needed.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Whats the best equipment set for the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived