Playing Skyrim as the Thalmor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Playing Skyrim as the Thalmor

User Info: Fallahad

Fallahad
4 weeks ago#1
Hi fellow Thalmor supporters!

I'm kinda new to Skyrim (started playing it a few months ago) and as I was having to choose between the Imperials and the Stormcloaks I got frustrated because I realized that both are pretty lame. They are both [censored] that like to pose as the good guys but ultimately are willing to cause harm to innocents as long as it fits their political interests. The Stormcloaks, for example, are willing to bully, attack and oppress individuals from other races in the name of their radical nationalism and their hatred for the Empire. They are intolerant and closed-minded. The Imperials, on the other hand, are willing to execute innocents just for convenience in their fight against the Stormcloaks.

Bottom line is that there is no good side. There are just sides and their political interests that may, at times, coincide with the well-being of the people but that will not hesitate in going against that well-being when necessary.

If that's the case, I figured I'd rather join the Thalmor, who are at least honest about their intentions and if you come to think of it, they are not really worse than the Imperials or Stormcloaks. Plus, the animosity between the altmer and the empire was started by the later, when Timber Septimum forced the summerset islands into the empire. The Thalmor is ultimately a reaction, although sometimes misguided I admit, to the imperialism of men.

So an elven-ruled Tamriel does indeed seem like a better option than the chaos caused by men.

I've played Skyrim as the Thalmor (using mods), killed the Dragonborn and conquered the whole realm in the name of the Aldmeri Dominion. Here are the youtube playlists:

SKYRIM ROLEPLAY: A THALMOR SOLDIER'S STORY (Full): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9JQ6sFR05Zmg7a-2MeDumD_PtKWn0P81

SKYRIM ROLEPLAY: A THALMOR SOLDIER'S STORY (Highlights): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9JQ6sFR05Zmcg-ymdnGE5ENtc-WTyGYe

It may not be an example of gameplay prowess, but I tried to make the roleplay aspect pretty decent ;)

I'm not the done with the roleplay story yet. Many more videos are coming.
My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnXqg_MYZEm3DQK3X40mRfQ

User Info: Sephirothe

Sephirothe
4 weeks ago#2
Fallahad posted...
Bottom line is that there is no good side. There are just sides and their political interests that may, at times, coincide with the well-being of the people but that will not hesitate in going against that well-being when necessary.

This pretty accurately sums up real life politics as well.

What mods are you using to side with the Thalmor? I made a Thalmor supporting character years ago (before SE edition) and did what I could to support them; would def be interested in doing something like that again
"It would imply the regeneration of mankind, if they were to become elevated enough to truly worship sticks and stones" - Henry David Thoreau

Fallahad
4 weeks ago#3
Sephirothe posted...
Fallahad posted...

This pretty accurately sums up real life politics as well.

What mods are you using to side with the Thalmor? I made a Thalmor supporting character years ago (before SE edition) and did what I could to support them; would def be interested in doing something like that again

I used "Alternate Actors" to play as a Thalmor NPC. Then "amazing follower tweaks" to recruit more Thalmor agents as followers. And "Become High King of Skyrim" to make them conquer the land and also to make every character killeable (even essentials like Ulfric, General Tullius, Balgruuf etc)

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
4 weeks ago#4
Ooo.
I might have to go this route, myself.
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~

Fallahad
4 weeks ago#5
I have found that many people actually wish they could choose the Aldmeri Dominion's side :)

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
3 weeks ago#6
Oh I want to join it to destroy the elven supremacist thing from within. I like the Altmer as seat of power but that is that. Their purpose is to lead Mer and Mankind toward prosperity and not became pride / vainful b****! You can worship Talos or a goat as much as you like as long as you accept the emperror is an Altmer.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

User Info: TheGrowlanser

TheGrowlanser
3 weeks ago#7
Is a shame that the Thalmord is not a joinable faction. Not that I'm a fan of them but the more the merrier.
United we will conquer, divided we shall fall

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
3 weeks ago#8
The thalmor are trying to commit genocide against human races. Just a bit of background for you to make a more informed decision. I'm going to break the law, but they are nazis and the dominion is Germany, just without the crippling poverty (having troubles procreating instead).

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
3 weeks ago#9
It's just a game.
It has nothing to do with how we really feel.
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~

Fallahad
3 weeks ago#10
Darg727 posted...
The thalmor are trying to commit genocide against human races. Just a bit of background for you to make a more informed decision. I'm going to break the law, but they are nazis and the dominion is Germany, just without the crippling poverty (having troubles procreating instead).

Hey, you speak like I'm supporting real life Nazis. This is roleplay, where I feel free to support these bad guys in an alternate reality, with no moral concerns. So bottom line: I'm supporting the Thalmor and they kicked Nord and Imperial butts pretty badly in the First War. It wasn't even fun. Nothing changes that. Even the Blades admit it. A much smaller nation kicked the mighty Empire's butt till they begged it to stop. Of course, you may try to avenge them by making your Nord Dragonborn rip Thalmor's heads right and left. But I can do the same, using mods to make my Thalmor NPC crush the Dragonborn and all the Nords and prove once again their superiority. Nothing personal, just business
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Playing Skyrim as the Thalmor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived