Am I the only one that kinda don't mind the Creation Club?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Am I the only one that kinda don't mind the Creation Club?

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
2 months ago#1
I'm playing on PS4, so interesting mods are scarce. I would love, for example, some better faces and animations. So if there's gonna be such things, I'll be happy that there's a way to get that for PS4, even if it's through the Creation Club mods.
I'm aware that such things are free on PC, but it doesn't help me at all to dwell in that. Sure, paid mods is a greedy move, but what the hell, I'll use it because I want to, but cause I'm forced though.

What's your stance, and why?
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
2 months ago#2
Kompis_Kanin posted...
I'm playing on PS4, so interesting mods are scarce. I would love, for example, some better faces and animations. So if there's gonna be such things, I'll be happy that there's a way to get that for PS4, even if it's through the Creation Club mods.
I'm aware that such things are free on PC, but it doesn't help me at all to dwell in that. Sure, paid mods is a greedy move, but what the hell, I'll use it because I want to, but cause I'm forced though.

What's your stance, and why?

How expensive are they? As much as I think mods should be free because there are just too many that it would be like buying Niagra Falls one cup at a time, Sony is being really stupid in this one thing.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#3
Think this is on the wrong board.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: Harokaihime

Harokaihime
2 months ago#4
The idea is ok, but until now, they only delivered overpriced low quality,small mods. That's for Fallout 4.

But Bethesda is Bethesda, there is a rifle, Cowboy Repeater, on New Vegas which reloads each bullet individually, while in Fallout 4, same rifle always reloads 5 bullets, despite how many bullets you actually used. State-of-the-Art programing... and jt isn't a mod, this rifle is part of the dlc Far Harbor
Puns about steaks are rare well done.

User Info: baddestwitcher

baddestwitcher
2 months ago#5
I think people like you are part of the problem why gaming industry is dying and is full of horrible ideas. All you need to do is think outside the box and look at the bigger picture.

It's a horrible idea.

It sets future precedence for this sort of things and tells companies its ok to do it...

then other companies will jump on the bandwagon..... like it happened with microtransactions...running the gaming culture further.

Plus I don't know how you think its ok for Bethesda to sell someone else's work to you when we have been getting these improvements for free.

Bethesda wants the cake and wants to eat it too....they are not just happy with people patching up their c**p vanilla versions of their games and actually giving them lasting appeal.....but want to charge for that privilege.

They have relied on modders for as long as I can remember since oblivion days....

If it wasn't for modders and their talent....most wouldn't even touch Bethesda games for as long as they have....

Now they are installing creation club to give you the privilege of paying for this once free content.

scum company........very anti-consumer

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
2 months ago#6
You could've said that without doing the "people like you"-thing. It makes the rest of the text hard to take seriously.

Yes, you have a point. Yes I'd prefer if we had a skyrim nexus on the PS4. No, I can't help that I don't hate the creation club idea. I'm aware of the problems with it. But it is what it is, and if I'm the only one who's going to use it, then it won't stay for long. If more people use it, well, I guess it could've been worse.
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: SengokuNoMaou

SengokuNoMaou
2 months ago#7
Or, you could just get a halfway decent potato to play Skyrim.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198154850722.png http://i.imgur.com/JcncC.gif http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/SengokuNoMaou.gif

User Info: Beers

Beers
2 months ago#8
The content is simply overpriced. Otherwise, I don't see any problem with it.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: FakeSypha

FakeSypha
2 months ago#9
1) I guess this is not the correct board, but whatever. I guess Skyrim on 360 is the most popular?

2) The creation club is just a bad idea, previously rejected on PC, and now shoved down console users throats. Simple as that. I think Bethesda do it because they can get away with it. Let's face it, when TES VI gets released you'll throw money at them no matter what greedy moves they've been doing the last years.

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
2 months ago#10
Some kind of method to get mods to console players is good in theory. It's just thus far it doesn't sound like they've executed it properly.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Am I the only one that kinda don't mind the Creation Club?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived