Am I the only one that kinda don't mind the Creation Club?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Am I the only one that kinda don't mind the Creation Club?

User Info: FalxXD

FalxXD
2 months ago#11
It’s fine.

Survival mode is free for now, so get it fast.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/573081-hellhole/74877027. -worth it!

User Info: baddestwitcher

baddestwitcher
2 months ago#12
Bethesda fans are so easy to manipulate...make one thing free for a limited time and all is right with the world. Grab a pair and stand for something. Don't let these companies own your mind.

User Info: Aggrobiscuit

Aggrobiscuit
2 months ago#13
Kompis_Kanin posted...

What's your stance, and why?

Every piece of Creation Club content is automatically downloaded to your hard drive regardless of whether you buy it or not. There's no cap on how much content Bethesda can create. And the fact that the content creators are being paid by the item rather than any kind of wages, means it's in their best interest to produce as much crap as possible. Things look okay now, but sometime down the road there will be a lot of problems with people having to delete their games to make room for Bethesda.
Imminent tears...

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
2 months ago#14
What exactly is this club? I play on the 360, so doesn't apply to me but will get a One soon

Does this mean all Mods available for the One is now gonna cosy money or is this something totally different
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
2 months ago#15
Katsuro posted...
What exactly is this club? I play on the 360, so doesn't apply to me but will get a One soon

Does this mean all Mods available for the One is now gonna cosy money or is this something totally different

It's paid mods created by mod developers hired by bethesda. So tiny overpriced DLC that PC players get free. There will still be free mods though.
The reason I personally feel like paying is that the PS4 version doesn't support mods with recourses outside of the main game. It's not a perfect solution, but it's something.
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku
2 months ago#16
Creation club is:

1) creating shovelware "DLC" that isn't even made by Bethesda
2) ruining the "Fun" aspect of modding. Before all this, people made mods because they wanted to, because they thought it was fun .... now ...
3) literally just pure lazyness by Bethesda, they can now release games with less, and less content, and just wait for the modders to do their work for them (then take their money from them).

Now these are just my opinions on the matter, don't get you're panties in a bunch if you don't agree with me.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zRHKHN

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
2 months ago#17
I'd rather they have a version where all (most at the very least) the money did go to the modders.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

User Info: Sykostuff

Sykostuff
2 months ago#18
Kompis_Kanin posted...
You could've said that without doing the "people like you"-thing. It makes the rest of the text hard to take seriously.

Yes, you have a point. Yes I'd prefer if we had a skyrim nexus on the PS4. No, I can't help that I don't hate the creation club idea. I'm aware of the problems with it. But it is what it is, and if I'm the only one who's going to use it, then it won't stay for long. If more people use it, well, I guess it could've been worse.

Except that is the point. The money spent by customers tells them it's ok. It's the little steps like this that build up to total scams like Battlefront 2. No one should be ok with this crap.
We gamers are becoming pretty damn pathetic as a group, let's grow the hell up before we prove the ignorant right.
FFBE: 273, 770, 914. Lead: Noctis 917 atk

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
2 months ago#19
Sykostuff posted...
Kompis_Kanin posted...
You could've said that without doing the "people like you"-thing. It makes the rest of the text hard to take seriously.

Yes, you have a point. Yes I'd prefer if we had a skyrim nexus on the PS4. No, I can't help that I don't hate the creation club idea. I'm aware of the problems with it. But it is what it is, and if I'm the only one who's going to use it, then it won't stay for long. If more people use it, well, I guess it could've been worse.

Except that is the point. The money spent by customers tells them it's ok. It's the little steps like this that build up to total scams like Battlefront 2. No one should be ok with this crap.

I think you're missing the point.
If people actually are fine with it, then perhaps it's not as bad as you think. Opinions and stuff. In this case it's not like you pay to help you with progression like you do in Shadow of War or Battlefront 2. Those things I'm 100% against. The whole game (Skyrim) is still open to you once you've bought it, mods are added for that little extra. And the fact that modders actually do play a part in it at all, makes it a little more bearable.

However, when this thread was made I hadn't seen the quality or pricing on the mods, and with the release of the 15$ survival mod I have to admit that my stance have changed a bit. I won't be paying the same I would for an official DLC for a mod, so I'll just have to wait and see where the price for cosmetic and animation mods land.

And as mentioned, I totally see your, and everybode elses point. I know my opinion is unpopular.
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: Sykostuff

Sykostuff
2 months ago#20
Kompis_Kanin posted...
Sykostuff posted...
Kompis_Kanin posted...

I think you're missing the point.
If people actually are fine with it, then perhaps it's not as bad as you think. Opinions and stuff. In this case it's not like you pay to help you with progression like you do in Shadow of War or Battlefront 2. Those things I'm 100% against. The whole game (Skyrim) is still open to you once you've bought it, mods are added for that little extra. And the fact that modders actually do play a part in it at all, makes it a little more bearable.

However, when this thread was made I hadn't seen the quality or pricing on the mods, and with the release of the 15$ survival mod I have to admit that my stance have changed a bit. I won't be paying the same I would for an official DLC for a mod, so I'll just have to wait and see where the price for cosmetic and animation mods land.

And as mentioned, I totally see your, and everybode elses point. I know my opinion is unpopular.

I can see how you could like it. The idea is there, but the execution is just so damn terrible. From the price, the forced downloads, the charging for free items, the low quality of them.

As for people being fine with them, there are people that are fine with spending thousands on mobile games every month. Can they afford it, likely, does it make it right, no. Their actions harshly.effect the gaming community as a whole. That may not matter to them, but i love gaming to much to just let this endless rot through without a foght. Even if i have to look like a jerk doing it.
We gamers are becoming pretty damn pathetic as a group, let's grow the hell up before we prove the ignorant right.
FFBE: 273, 770, 914. Lead: Noctis 917 atk
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Am I the only one that kinda don't mind the Creation Club?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived