I wish this game sucked (to most people)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I wish this game sucked (to most people)

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
2 months ago#11
SusanGreenEyes posted...
What are they currently working on?

If you believe the leaks, which cause some derision between people but have often been proven right in the long run, they're doing a sci-fi game first, with the code name Star Field.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Veezara

Veezara
1 month ago#12
SusanGreenEyes posted...
Veezara, how have you been? Long time no see.

In terms of the topic, I didn't see much new content from Bethesda at E3.
Wolfenstein and Fallout 4 are done. I'm not sure if there is a new project in the works, or if efforts will be concentrated on The Elder Scrolls 6.

Hey, hows it going? Been okay, recently playing a lot of Overwatch, also getting ready for the London MCM next week. How have you been Susan?
In Sinmir We Trust

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
1 month ago#13
Veezara posted...
SusanGreenEyes posted...
Veezara, how have you been? Long time no see.

In terms of the topic, I didn't see much new content from Bethesda at E3.
Wolfenstein and Fallout 4 are done. I'm not sure if there is a new project in the works, or if efforts will be concentrated on The Elder Scrolls 6.

Hey, hows it going? Been okay, recently playing a lot of Overwatch, also getting ready for the London MCM next week. How have you been Susan?

Good thanks.
How has our savior Sinmir been lately? Lol
I've been slowly playing Morrowind for the Xbox for the past few weeks. I'm only on level 2 and it's difficult but I'm loving it so far.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

User Info: Wiaru

Wiaru
1 month ago#14
I disagree. Successful games like this is what is funding them to make sequels and to take their well deserved time with them. Companies that run short on cash usually end up on the wrong side of a business deal financed by EA. I can't really imagine a worse ending for Bethesda.

Also, Skyrim's undeniable success will likely guide any Elder Scrolls sequels. With so many people playing it on so many systems over the years, they likely know exactly what people want. If anything, the sequel will probably play on the safe side feeling like a clone with better graphics and in a better world. Too much risk trying to innovate the formula of a known winner.
END TRANSMISSION

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
1 month ago#15
Wiaru posted...
I disagree. Successful games like this is what is funding them to make sequels and to take their well deserved time with them. Companies that run short on cash usually end up on the wrong side of a business deal financed by EA. I can't really imagine a worse ending for Bethesda.

Also, Skyrim's undeniable success will likely guide any Elder Scrolls sequels. With so many people playing it on so many systems over the years, they likely know exactly what people want. If anything, the sequel will probably play on the safe side feeling like a clone with better graphics and in a better world. Too much risk trying to innovate the formula of a known winner.

Bethesda is owned by Zenimax. There won't be any dealings with EA except for maybe a sell off of things go south at some point.

EA as a name is only surviving solely on buying out IPs and dev teams to wring them until they are hollowed out husks of their former selves. The IPs that survive are the ones that are hollow to begin with that don't require any creativity to make new versions of every year.

Bethesda delivers half of what people want. If we got a game that combines the intertwining depth of dialogue and story from Obsidian and the more open and seemingly more interesting world creation of Bethesda, you would have the perfect game. It is really that simple of a concept. Would it ever happen? Hell no. The story/quest guys at bethesda aren't good at connecting the dots, so they make so many that they look connected. That, and they aren't very big on giving the player meaningful choices. Don't get me wrong, you do have a few choices. However, they become as meaningless as covenant.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I wish this game sucked (to most people)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived