Pure Frost Mage! any advice?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Pure Frost Mage! any advice?

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
2 months ago#11
josifrees posted...
It’s a shame followers aren’t smart enough to use poisons because a weakness to frost poison would make every fight easier

If this were one of the older games you could probably enchant 'weakness to frost' on their bows and have them passively use it in any ranged fight...
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
1 month ago#12
DuneMan posted...
josifrees posted...
It’s a shame followers aren’t smart enough to use poisons because a weakness to frost poison would make every fight easier

If this were one of the older games you could probably enchant 'weakness to frost' on their bows and have them passively use it in any ranged fight...

If this were an older game you could make a spell that does weakness to frost and magic.

DuneMan
1 month ago#13
Darg727 posted...
If this were an older game you could make a spell that does weakness to frost and magic.

My preferred Oblivion spell was a custom deal with 20 points of fire damage for 10 seconds along with 100% weakness to fire for 10 seconds. Lots of pew pew as a result.

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
1 month ago#14
If you're inspiration is Elsa from Frozen, then using frost atronachs makes perfect sense. She did create two sentient snow golems in the movie.

You could also integrate some "wind" effects like whirlwind cloak and unrelenting force since she is also seen pushing a guy with the physical force of her ice blast.

Just a couple of thoughts I had to help deal with all of the frost resistance in this game.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: Darg727

Darg727
1 month ago#15
Base game, without mods that change it, blizzard gets an increase in damage based on your vulnerability to frost and magic. So pop a potion that has weakness to magic, get the apprentice standing stone, pop a resto potion, then pop another weakness to magic and then finally pop a weakness to frost potion. Shoot an arrow with weakness to magic and frost. Cast blizzard and watch legendary frost dragons melt from the shear intense cold of your blizzard on legendary difficulty. Add a shalidor scroll for even more fun. Would recommend capping your magic absorption when facing enemies that use frost magic though.

User Info: josifrees

josifrees
1 month ago#16
Darg727 posted...
Base game, without mods that change it, blizzard gets an increase in damage based on your vulnerability to frost and magic. So pop a potion that has weakness to magic, get the apprentice standing stone, pop a resto potion, then pop another weakness to magic and then finally pop a weakness to frost potion. Shoot an arrow with weakness to magic and frost. Cast blizzard and watch legendary frost dragons melt from the shear intense cold of your blizzard on legendary difficulty. Add a shalidor scroll for even more fun. Would recommend capping your magic absorption when facing enemies that use frost magic though.

Wow really? Never heard of this before
Quit Crying

DuneMan
1 month ago#17
josifrees posted...
Wow really? Never heard of this before

Yeah, it's because Blizzard does slight damage to you as the caster.

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 month ago#18
Giants don't regen stamina, so they make good training dummies.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#19
Blizzard does not freeze enemies like it should so use with caution.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Pure Frost Mage! any advice?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived