more tips for travelling while over-encumbered

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. more tips for travelling while over-encumbered

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
2 months ago#1
my favorite from last topic was "drop heavy item, pick up with cursor and start walking" which is especially helpful getting out of a cave or dungeon

since i'm playing a destro-mage I noticed you can really move a corpse along with a well-aimed blast, so I guess you could stuff a bear with all of your excess items and keep poking him down the road until you get close enough to town to "raise" him and walk in.

dragon carcasses can be launched a long way with fireball or firebolt, and can even be launched out of cities (not sure if you can launch one into a city)

alternatively, you could stuff a smaller animal, say a fox or rabbit, and pick it up with the cursor and actually run with it.

User Info: JOExHIGASHI

JOExHIGASHI
2 months ago#2
Summon arvak
Puzzle and Dragons: 338 705 421

User Info: WeetzCRo96

WeetzCRo96
2 months ago#3
Try buying a horse
Do a weapon power attack then cancel attack before you character screams
Use Whirlwind Sprint with method above
Get a follower with good light armor level get like leather set for him and you can dump around 150 to 200 pounds on him
Buy +100 pounds carry weight pickpocket perk
Tower stone

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
2 months ago#4
Create a Fortify Carry Weight piece of jewelry.
I miss Feather spells.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
2 months ago#5
Since I myself try to get rich via alchemy before I start dungeon delving, I never had problem with that. I also only carry enchanted equipments that I don't know the effect and unique gears only. I still hoard jeweleries and arrow though.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

User Info: JOExHIGASHI

JOExHIGASHI
1 month ago#6
transform into werewolf
Puzzle and Dragons: 338 705 421

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
1 month ago#7
I just pick up gems, jewelry, potions daggars, ores/ingots, etc and sell asap

I think every enchantment can be learned from daggers and jewelry and weigh little.

never had a prob with over encumbrance
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

User Info: Atx420Sentinel

Atx420Sentinel
1 month ago#8
Make some carry weight jewelry and use to get out and fast travel. Also potions if needed on top of the ring and necklace

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#9
I do use the blast the corpse moving technique occasionally as it means you are not actually encumbered when you do run into something else and it can be a bit funny like you are playing some sort of twisted golf.

It works best if you use two separate spells simultaneously as it moves the body further, and sticking to the roads is good as they are mostly flat. Placing and Ice spike in the corpse helps find it at night too.

Outside of Arvak the forward power attack is definitely better than dropping the heaviest item as a single item may not be enough to stop being encumbered and I have had the item vanish on occasion as well.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
1 month ago#10
Atx420Sentinel posted...
Make some carry weight jewelry and use to get out and fast travel. Also potions if needed on top of the ring and necklace

potions don't make sense fiscally: a 1/2 pound potion valued at a couple of hundred septims is much more valuable than the 20-50 pounds of junk it will allow you to haul back. for the same reason I almost never use scrolls: they're just to valuable in trade to use them for limited damage on bad guys
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. more tips for travelling while over-encumbered

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived