NPC Run

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#11
SinisterSandman posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Vypernight posted...
Damn! So is it all about getting NPC's to kill one another?

I did mange to complete the thieves questline but no one will ever figure it out as it was such an obscure death for Mercer. but maybe I should see if anyone can figure it out. (unlikely).

I'm guessing either fall damage or simply staying out of his way until drowning.

Only your own character can drown in skyrim, everyone else is immune unlike oblivion. My character is not allowed to unrelenting force push people to incur fall damage as this is an attack to cause death. I would have drowned him if it was a thing though. The clue is he has the most powerful weapon that is not actually a weapon and when used with other objects made short work of Mercer and in fact anything that it hits.

My Argonian coward killed the overpowered vampire in oblivion by hiding in the water and waiting for him to drown, he needed only one more swipe but alas he gulped and floated to the top of the pool and my Argonian gloated to the quest giver about how he was no threat at all. He was the slimiest thing I have ever created and I actually hate the character to some degree.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: Typhon

Typhon
2 months ago#12
I do something similar, as a hunter.

Hunting bow and woodcutters axe are the only weapons allowed.

Never murder a person. You may kill people in self defense, but even this should be avoided when reasonably possible.

If you do kill a person, only loot their gold and arrows.

The only things you can purchase are arrows, clothing (not enchanted and not armor), vegetables, and the building materials required for a single home - Hearthfire homestead recommended.

As a hunter, your primary targets should be animals that provide meat or pelts.

Pelts should be your only real source of income. If you want, you may tan them and craft hide or leather armor to sell instead of selling pelts directly.

Meat should be your primary source of healing. If you have Hearthfire, you may grow vegetables/ingredients only if they are to be used in recipes at the cooking pot or the oven.

All of your healing should be from food that you planted or hunted yourself. All of your money should be from pelts that you hunted or from the armor crafted from those pelts.

The only potion you can use is actually a poison, Frostbite Venom. The only way you can acquire this is by hunting spiders.

You may use a pickaxe to collect ore for crafting your own arrows or building your homestead. I prefer to buy the materials so my hunter doesn't become a miner.

You can obviously tweak, add, or remove any of the guidelines I've used. Sorry if this is nothing like what you were looking for.

User Info: Vypernight

Vypernight
2 months ago#13
Typhon posted...

Never murder a person. You may kill people in self defense, but even this should be avoided when reasonably possible.

The only things you can purchase are arrows, clothing (not enchanted and not armor), vegetables, and the building materials required for a single home - Hearthfire homestead recommended.

Pelts should be your only real source of income. If you want, you may tan them and craft hide or leather armor to sell instead of selling pelts directly.

Meat should be your primary source of healing. If you have Hearthfire, you may grow vegetables/ingredients only if they are to be used in recipes at the cooking pot or the oven.

All of your healing should be from food that you planted or hunted yourself. All of your money should be from pelts that you hunted or from the armor crafted from those pelts.

The only potion you can use is actually a poison, Frostbite Venom. The only way you can acquire this is by hunting spiders.

You may use a pickaxe to collect ore for crafting your own arrows or building your homestead. I prefer to buy the materials so my hunter doesn't become a miner.

You can obviously tweak, add, or remove any of the guidelines I've used. Sorry if this is nothing like what you were looking for.

Actually that's quite useful. While I planned to make my character an alchemist, I like the hunter idea.

Thanks!

User Info: ThurmanThomas34

ThurmanThomas34
2 months ago#14
Olld-Onne posted...
Vypernight posted...
Damn! So is it all about getting NPC's to kill one another?

That or make them constantly walk over traps it was interesting if a bit mad, once the Elder Dragons starting showing up the giants no longer seem able to deal with them and had to kite them to all manner of beasts to get the soul.

I did mange to complete the thieves questline but no one will ever figure it out as it was such an obscure death for Mercer. but maybe I should see if anyone can figure it out. (unlikely).

My guess would be reverse pick pocketing a paralysis potion when he's on the edge of that cliff and watching him fall to his death.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
2 months ago#15
Olld-Onne posted...
The clue is he has the most powerful weapon that is not actually a weapon and when used with other objects made short work of Mercer and in fact anything that it hits.

Given the Skyrim physics engine you may have killed him by placing a simple item, such as a Kettle, on the ground in front of him and having him walk into it...
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#16
Duneman is half correct, The merchant uses Marked for Death to weaken everything so when they stumble over something it is an instant kill. He is not allowed to drop items however as this is premeditated. There are two small boulders at the bottom of the statue, it took about twenty tries to get him to finally walk into them and get the necessary chip damage to kill him.

Vypernight
2 months ago#17
Typhon posted...

I just thought of something. You need to complete a quest to get Hearthfire. So how did you complete the quest without breaking of your previous rules?

User Info: Typhon

Typhon
2 months ago#18
More like guidelines than rules.

As soon as I have 5000 gold from selling pelts I go to Morthal and do the quest Laid to Rest. It requires killing a few vampires and their thralls. Then I use the 5000 gold to purchase Winstad Manor from one of the jarl's helpers.

I might make an exception for one or two more quests, can't think of any at the moment. Until I have 5000 gold, I'll live in one of the inns or a place like Meeko's Shack.

If you prefer one of the other homesteads, I think they only require one or two quests. I use Winstad because I like the location more than the other two.

You can restrict yourself more by only using arrows made from ore that you mined and wood that you chopped. Or you can be more lenient on yourself and become a hunter/miner/smith/alchemist combination. Whatever you think you would enjoy more.

Vypernight
2 months ago#19
I like your ideas. I was thinking a a mixed hunter/farmer/alchemist. Hunt like you said, sell the pelt,s and save money. I had two ideas of where to live to start.

1. Alchemist shack. Ivorstead has a tanner and tavern to buy food, the Stormcloak camp to the south has a blacksmith.

2. Aniese'Cabin. Riverwood isn't far away but there's not much to hunt there, and you have to kill a witch first.

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#20
Anise would like to survive a playthrough thank you very much, should not have placed a Enchanting Table and an Alchemy Table in the cellar. The estate agent advised against it for good reasons, there is a prison not far from were she lives and unscrupulous types escape and always seek power at any means necessary lol.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived