What is the worst Daedric Artifact? (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What is the worst Daedric Artifact? (Spoilers)

User Info: squallken1

squallken1
4 weeks ago#1
For me it has to be the Ring of Namira. I just either skip or "fail" that quest and take my chances in getting both the Ring of Hircine and Savior's Hide in its place for the achievement in getting all the artifacts.

User Info: dq93

dq93
4 weeks ago#2
ring of hircine (which you ironically mentioned) because if you're not a werewolf it's useless and you can only become a werewolf twice, if you get rid of lycanthropy after that you can never regain it.

also the oghma infinium has a one time use and if your stats are already maxed for certain skills, its a waste.

User Info: xeogorath

xeogorath
3 weeks ago#3
The ring of Hircine has nothing to do with lycanthropy. It's enchantments are pretty awesome but like any artifact it might not fit your character. They're all powerful but the one I've used the least is the masque of clavicus vile. I don't think the rueful Axe counts.

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 weeks ago#4
Uh what? Maybe in another game the ring does something different, but in this game all it does is let you become a werewolf twice a day.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: xeogorath

xeogorath
3 weeks ago#5
Ah....I read and wrote Hircine but my mind was on namira because the op mentioned it

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#6
It is the Ebony Blade by far, kill those that trust you for a little bit of power no thank you. I have never powered it up, even the characters that would normally backstab wont use it. No fun in killing for someone else's enjoyment.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#7
Gameplay or lore? In the game I suppose the Ring of Namira is a good contender. I always skip the Cannibal perks in Fallout as well. Small healing amounts with a slow animation just doesn't appeal to me.

Side note for the Ebony Blade, you can use one of the resurrection staves to bring a target back to kill them over and over and over to fully empower the blade. Oh how I wish we could sell Potatoes to Nazeem. He'd be subjected to quite the night of horrors then... Since Eola is a common sacrifice to Boethiah one of the farmers makes a quick choice for the Ebony Blade. As I dislike Markarth the farm outside of there has an NPC that works.

In terms of lore, dealing with most of the Daedra is a tricky proposition. Of the lot, only a few are agreeable on any level. Azura is generally alright so long as you don't openly cross her. Meridia's one track mind is fine so long as you remain among the living. Clavicus Vile is rotten but Barnabas isn't bad, and can even generally be trusted to look out for whoever has dealings with Vile. The rest though... usually not going to end well. E.g. even if you enjoy hunting and think Hircine might help you it's better to throw your lot in with the Aedra Kyne.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
3 weeks ago#8
DuneMan posted...
Gameplay or lore? In the game I suppose the Ring of Namira is a good contender. I always skip the Cannibal perks in Fallout as well. Small healing amounts with a slow animation just doesn't appeal to me.

Side note for the Ebony Blade, you can use one of the resurrection staves to bring a target back to kill them over and over and over to fully empower the blade. Oh how I wish we could sell Potatoes to Nazeem. He'd be subjected to quite the night of horrors then... Since Eola is a common sacrifice to Boethiah one of the farmers makes a quick choice for the Ebony Blade. As I dislike Markarth the farm outside of there has an NPC that works.

In terms of lore, dealing with most of the Daedra is a tricky proposition. Of the lot, only a few are agreeable on any level. Azura is generally alright so long as you don't openly cross her. Meridia's one track mind is fine so long as you remain among the living. Clavicus Vile is rotten but Barnabas isn't bad, and can even generally be trusted to look out for whoever has dealings with Vile. The rest though... usually not going to end well. E.g. even if you enjoy hunting and think Hircine might help you it's better to throw your lot in with the Aedra Kyne.

Hunting with Hircine is awesome until you are the one everyone is hunting.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#9
Hermaeus Mora does not seem to care about tricking people only gaining knowledge for the most part. The books dont even seem to be able to kill you although it is his fault Miraak is running amok.

Boethiah is by far the worst of them, all the stories end in her backstabbing her supposed champion and then backstabbing the one she encouraged to backstab the champion and so on which is another reason the Ebony Blade is abandoned post haste if ever picked up.

Methrunes appears to be in retirement in Skyrim compared to Oblivion, a dagger which you can refuse he's losing it for sure.

The rest are pretty much the same as before in Oblivion so not much to say, Molag Bal is still the most messed up prince and Sheogorath is never really that threatening.

I do not see the Ring of Namira as that bad, you could just be a cannibal anyway without it so it is not the ring that is the problem if your character is eating corpses in the first place.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#10
Mora doesn't need to trick people though. Think about the example of Morian Zenas detailed in The Doors of Oblivion. He tracked down Divayth Fyr for access to the Daedric Realms and lost himself in the near infinite knowledge within Apocrypha. It is true I suppose that he doesn't take a direct interest in toying with mortals the way some of the other Daedra do.

On the topic of Sheogorath I think he finds toying with mortals far less satisfying than toying with the other Daedra. I can't blame him. Mortals should also be thankful for that. Even in madness he's more than match for the rest of them.

Where things get weird is with some groups considering Mephala to be among the 'good' Daedra. He/She/It ruins lives with glee by whispering secrets. It is, for example, how we find out that Jarl Balgruuf has a bastard child and still worships Talos, because he's a responsible adult who realizes that what is right and what is honorable don't always coincide.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What is the worst Daedric Artifact? (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived