What is the worst Daedric Artifact? (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What is the worst Daedric Artifact? (Spoilers)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#41
JordanPlanetGTA posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
JordanPlanetGTA posted...
Namira's ring, Savior's Hide, Volendrung, Masque of Clavicus Vile are all meh. As is Skull of Corruption. You can duplicate them all and sell them for a good price though. Ebony Blade is passable. The Black Star combined with the Mace of Molag Bal is the ultimate way to level up enchanting quickly.

Skeleton Key is good until your reach 100 lockpicking and get the Unbreakable perk then your can return it. The Rueful Axe doesn't count toward Oblivion Walker so that's no good either.

Ebony Mail is not all that impressive. Spellbreaker is good with a warrior build.

It is faster to buy soul gems instead of fighting and trying to kill stuff to fill a single gem everytime. The enchanted items are then sold to buy more gems there is no faster way.

If you know the duplicate glitch(which still works) why spend money on soul gems? And you can fill the star then recharge the mace endlessly to level up enchanting.

I like to play within reason, still faster to buy them than to fiddle with the mace and star all the time.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
1 month ago#42
I think each person has their own personal taste in what they do or don't do in the game. Bethesda sort of encourages that as well, with how open the game is on stuff. E.g. lead all the factions, do radiant quests or skip them, fast travel or not, etc.

As a personal example I try to limit fast traveling to the carriage system. Anywhere else I go I like to travel on foot, and will hit up any random encounter nodes I find along the way. As for finances, in the early game I tend to massacre every last Blue Butterfly and pick every last Blue Mountain Flower I come across. I used to mess with Salmon Roe now and then but that felt too exploitish for early levels. Once I'm level 50+ though and paying for Master Training on stuff I sometimes dip into the Khajiit Merchant Chests, just to speed things along and grab any missing enchantments I may have passed on.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: babyeatermax

babyeatermax
1 month ago#43
I never understood the Ebony Blade hate. It has an absorb health enchantment that never runs out. Why are people so attached to useless NPC's? I just give cabbage to random farmers then kill them.
This guy

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 month ago#44
I'd probably max it out myself, but I never trained two-handed, so it hits like a paper towel in spite of the fact that I can send the biggest nord flying with a tap of my dagger.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: Nepharen

Nepharen
1 month ago#45
babyeatermax posted...
I never understood the Ebony Blade hate. It has an absorb health enchantment that never runs out. Why are people so attached to useless NPC's? I just give cabbage to random farmers then kill them.

Dark brotherhood counts towards charging the blade and one or two uses of the ritual stone will have that blade fully charged... just saying

Before beth "fixed" it in the legendary patch, it followed an odd assortment of mixmatched perks across both one handed and two handed skill trees and used the one handed skill level but leveled two handed... so it was an excellent weapon for those just picking up two handed weapons for the first time after leveling one handed... it lost a lot of utility with that patch...

Main reason why it's disliked though? Probably a tie between low weapon base damage and it being untemperable... i personally love the weapon for tanks. In fact, the low base damage was actually a boon for a tank since it allowed you to use it's enchantment more, keeping your health topped off in battle and it was a very fast two handed weapon. The only time it truly sucked was when you fought automatons... which are immune to the enchantment.

The daedric artifact i consider most useless? Probably the skeleton key gameplay wise... lockpicks are numerous and weigh nothing.
Lore wise, they're all supposed to be powerful artifacts but i'd probably steer clear of most of them just because they have a tendency to drive the user mad or the prince has a tendency to take their artifact back at the most inconvenient of times in the most inconvenient of methods... making them ultimately all useless to me...
Azura and meridia... those are probably the only two "safe" ones...

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#46
DuneMan posted...
I think each person has their own personal taste in what they do or don't do in the game. Bethesda sort of encourages that as well, with how open the game is on stuff. E.g. lead all the factions, do radiant quests or skip them, fast travel or not, etc.

As a personal example I try to limit fast traveling to the carriage system. Anywhere else I go I like to travel on foot, and will hit up any random encounter nodes I find along the way. As for finances, in the early game I tend to massacre every last Blue Butterfly and pick every last Blue Mountain Flower I come across. I used to mess with Salmon Roe now and then but that felt too exploitish for early levels. Once I'm level 50+ though and paying for Master Training on stuff I sometimes dip into the Khajiit Merchant Chests, just to speed things along and grab any missing enchantments I may have passed on.

He was insinuating it is faster to charge the mace and then collect the souls than just to buy them from the vendors that sell the empty soul gems he is probably buying from the vendors in the first place.

As regards to playing the game literally all my characters are different from the other, some cant attack at all, one is deranged and kills anything that moves. Some do not have dragons around. The majority do not join any guilds either. They all have different values and morals. I have a few builds that are so silly no one should attempt them the merchant is one of them but there is one that is even worse.

There is no point in making a new character and doing the same thing over again in my opinion, may as well just have a base save for one character.

Nepharen posted...
babyeatermax posted...

I would not be so sure about the star as it yearns for souls, carrying it around might some how fuse the users soul to it especially if you take the Black version which would already annoy Azura to begin with.

User Info: Nepharen

Nepharen
1 month ago#47
Olld-Onne posted...
Nepharen posted...
babyeatermax posted...

I would not be so sure about the star as it yearns for souls, carrying it around might some how fuse the users soul to it especially if you take the Black version which would already annoy Azura to begin with.

Upsetting azura is a bad idea... even if she's not considered "evil", openly opposing her is like asking for some manner of "divine" punishment... just ask the dunmer people... as for her star, it only takes in white souls unless you taint it.... so it should never affect the wielder unless you choose to tick off a mostly benevolent goddess... When you first find it in skyrim, it has already been tainted and is the only reason it "craves" souls... otherwise it's just an inanimate relic attuned to azura, not much different than a regular soul gem except it doesn't break when used and will eventually go back into azura's possession.

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#48
Nepharen posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Nepharen posted...
babyeatermax posted...

Upsetting azura is a bad idea... even if she's not considered "evil", openly opposing her is like asking for some manner of "divine" punishment... just ask the dunmer people... as for her star, it only takes in white souls unless you taint it.... so it should never affect the wielder unless you choose to tick off a mostly benevolent goddess... When you first find it in skyrim, it has already been tainted and is the only reason it "craves" souls... otherwise it's just an inanimate relic attuned to azura, not much different than a regular soul gem except it doesn't break when used and will eventually go back into azura's possession.

If you continue to keep it as the black version then Azura will be after you for sure as most people take that one for ease of filling it. They are oblivious to the fact that their character may not end well after they die lol. I have rarely took the Black Star, Aranea is more useful in my opinion and most of my characters are not stupid enough to anger something that changed an entire race out of spite.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What is the worst Daedric Artifact? (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived