Level 57 and have not even started the main quest. (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Level 57 and have not even started the main quest. (spoilers)

User Info: squallken1

squallken1
3 weeks ago#1
Thane in 2-3 holds. Killed an Emperor. Restored honor to a guild. 100000+ gold. 100 Enchanting and Blacksmithing... ... ...think I need to start the main quest already?

Was wondering how far I can go with a no dragon run and wondering if I should do certain quests early and/or out order? Like getting the Elder Scroll from that big dungeon for the Dawnguard/Vampire quests to get three of them before talking to Parthanax about it? I know that some quest lines have dragons in them and would I break the game if I didn't become the Dragonborn?

Was kinda hoping to get to level 60 but I kinda want to start really getting into the game. To be honest the reasons I held off on the main quest was because I wanted to do get quests out of the way without fear of random dragon attacks.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#2
Quest that require dragons prior to unlocking them are extremely rare as most connected to the main quest which is where they are unlocked from. There is one dragon who appears regardless if you have unlocked dragons during the Dawnguard questline. I believe all other dragons require you to have unlocked dragons or dragon shouts in order for them to show.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: JOExHIGASHI

JOExHIGASHI
3 weeks ago#3
Olld-Onne posted...
Quest that require dragons prior to unlocking them are extremely rare as most connected to the main quest which is where they are unlocked from. There is one dragon who appears regardless if you have unlocked dragons during the Dawnguard questline. I believe all other dragons require you to have unlocked dragons or dragon shouts in order for them to show.

Even dragonborn? I can't march into Miraak's temple to activate the quest?
Puzzle and Dragons: 338 705 421

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#4
The College of Winterhold questline should have a special dragon as well.

Also, try activating the dragon in Blackreach. I've never tried it myself, so it'd be interesting to see if he shows up.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#5
DuneMan posted...
The College of Winterhold questline should have a special dragon as well.

Also, try activating the dragon in Blackreach. I've never tried it myself, so it'd be interesting to see if he shows up.

You need a shout to activate it so he would have to unlock dragons unfortunately. I have never fought it either lol. After all that time hiding it seems a shame to just coax it out for a single soul you can easily get elsewhere.

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#6
JOExHIGASHI posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

Even dragonborn? I can't march into Miraak's temple to activate the quest?

You need a shout to further the storyline which requires a dragon soul which you can only get from unlocking dragons, thanks Bethesda. The one in dawnguard is not absorbable by the way and the one in the Winterhold College questline has no soul lol.

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#7
Also, ew! Don't go to Solstheim until you have all the Dragon Souls you could want. It's not cool letting Miraak steal the credit for your dragon slaying.

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#8
He can steal them as long as the cultist have turned up so you dont even have to go to Solstheim to witness the daylight robbery infront of your eyes, actually the time of day does not matter. Day, night even The Forgotten Vale, Miraak shows why the thieves guild is crumbling, he stole all the thieving books to magnify his soul stealing skills

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
3 weeks ago#9
Olld-Onne posted...
He can steal them as long as the cultist have turned up so you dont even have to go to Solstheim to witness the daylight robbery infront of your eyes, actually the time of day does not matter. Day, night even The Forgotten Vale, Miraak shows why the thieves guild is crumbling, he stole all the thieving books to magnify his soul stealing skills

I've never had him show up before going to Solstheim.
Shoot first, think never.

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#10
Exactly, he doesn't show up until you sail for Solstheim.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Level 57 and have not even started the main quest. (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived