Fishing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: NoctustheOwl

NoctustheOwl
3 weeks ago#1
other then Unrelenting Force, is there an easy way to kill fish? i tried using fireball awhile back, but it didnt work. and the ice storm spell seems like it would be a pain in the butt to aim properly every time.
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
3 weeks ago#2
unrelenting force only works on fish in certain places: it doesn't work on those jumping upstream but fireball and the fireball staff do, so do certain area of effect spells from the illusion category and some of the "animal taming" shouts (Kyne's Peace & the Animal Allegiance Racial ability of the wood elf)

great places to gather a lot of fish eggs in a short period of time with unrelenting force is the Dawnstar harbor (be careful about targeting the boat people), the river that leads north into Windhelm harbor and the Windhelm harbor itself.

if you follow the river from Riverwood to the Valtheim towers there's a lot of jumping fish action and once you get into the river east of Whiterun/south of Valtheim you can find a lot of fish in the deeper parts which you can harvest with unrelenting force.

later in the game when you pick up Azidal's Water-walking boots fishing the rivers and harbors with unrelenting force is a cinch. waterbreathing potions or spells make it easier to harvest Nordic barnacles

User Info: NoctustheOwl

NoctustheOwl
3 weeks ago#3
i forgot to mention, im using Hearthfire, so i have the fishery. 2nd bit, i dont have Unrelenting force yet as i havent gone into the story much yet. i've entered Whiterun, thats all the main story progress i've done.
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
3 weeks ago#4
well if you track down Krosis (northside of river from Valtheim) you can get his fireball staff for fishing and his mask is good for a 20 pt boost in lockpicking, archery and alchemy

you can actually stand in the falls and catch jumping salmon with the cursor, but this only gives you one roe per fish. if you blow up the jumpers with a shout, spell or staff you get one roe from the corpse and another from the little pink batch of roe. if you're having trouble finding them just let your character float with the current and typically you end up where the roe and fish end up

you can also shoot them with arrows but that is exceptionally tedious

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
3 weeks ago#5
Sparks will kill the jumping salmon, resulting in roe dropped and harvested (2 per salmon). This is how i fish
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived