Civil War Quest - before or after you become Dragonborn?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Civil War Quest - before or after you become Dragonborn?

User Info: squallken1

squallken1
3 weeks ago#1
I thought you had to become the Dragonborn before you got even started on the quest, but if it can be done before it might be worth trying, no dragons in the civil of a tower siege sounds nice.

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
3 weeks ago#2
You can start it but the first battle is for Whiterun and you have to be Dragon born for it. Balgruff won't even talk to you about it until you have completed Dragon Rising.

User Info: Needforspeed2

Needforspeed2
3 weeks ago#3
mandalore2385 posted...
You can start it but the first battle is for Whiterun and you have to be Dragon born for it. Balgruff won't even talk to you about it until you have completed Dragon Rising.

What he said

User Info: squallken1

squallken1
3 weeks ago#4
Needforspeed2 posted...
mandalore2385 posted...

What he said

Well that blows but alright, I'll settle for completing the Civil War before I meet the Greybeards. To be honest I never liked the Civil War quest because both sides didn't feel as satisfying. Also it would have been awesome if you made your own faction to fight for and to rule Skyrim instead joining one of the two sides.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#5
squallken1 posted...
Needforspeed2 posted...
mandalore2385 posted...

What he said

Well that blows but alright, I'll settle for completing the Civil War before I meet the Greybeards. To be honest I never liked the Civil War quest because both sides didn't feel as satisfying. Also it would have been awesome if you made your own faction to fight for and to rule Skyrim instead joining one of the two sides.

That would be Falmer I take it, no chat just slllaaauugghhhttterr myyy peeooople as Balgruuf would put it.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: angelkillernum1

angelkillernum1
2 weeks ago#6
Olld-Onne posted...
squallken1 posted...
Needforspeed2 posted...
mandalore2385 posted...

What he said

That would be Falmer I take it, no chat just slllaaauugghhhttterr myyy peeooople as Balgruuf would put it.
true but falmers comeon no need to compare the ugly beasts

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
2 weeks ago#7
Honestly, i would do the greybeards right after dragon rising if for one reason only: so you can blow people around like ulfric
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
1 week ago#8
squallken1 posted...
I thought you had to become the Dragonborn before you got even started on the quest, but if it can be done before it might be worth trying, no dragons in the civil of a tower siege sounds nice.

yeah I had a dragon attack once literally in the final battle of the civil war quest and nobody wanted to help me fight it. was kind of immersion breaking imo as I think at least some people would drop the battle long enough to take the dragon down.

but no they pretended the dragon wasn't even there.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
1 week ago#9
On the other hand, commanding your own dragon via Call Dragon, Bend Will, or Soul Cairn Summon Durnehviir is AMAZING. It lets you show off the power of Dragonborn.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 week ago#10
The bend will thing is a bit dangerous though. Used the dragon to fast travel to Whiterun walked to Adrianne to sell stuff and the damn thing lands in the middle of town and starts a chomping. Note to self, if using a dragon for fast travel make sure it is NOT a legendary one first.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Civil War Quest - before or after you become Dragonborn?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.