What are some things you wished Bethesda would have added/changed in Skyrim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What are some things you wished Bethesda would have added/changed in Skyrim?

User Info: squallken1

squallken1
2 weeks ago#1
Don't get me wrong I'm glad for what I got with the game, its expansions and the hours put into them. However I can't help but express that it needed at least more options and something along the lines of a ground breaking and epic conclusion. Ill try not to go on to long here but here's just some ideas to jog some ideas for you all.

Game Breaking (via Morrowind) - I've never played Morrowind but I did hear of an issue that if an NPC that the game saw as vital to a quest, the game could not be beaten. You have no idea how badly I wanted to kill Maven for being such a scum bag. (more on that later)

Your own "real" faction that impacts the world - I wasn't really satisfied with either result of the Civil War quest. It would have been awesome if the Dragonborn made they're own faction and took Skyrim for him/herself. Also a little more diplomacy options.

One last expansion to clean things up - Anyone who goes deep into the game knows that the real bad guys (aside from Alduin) are the Third Aldmeri Dominion and/or the Thalmor (think Elf Nazis). it would have been cool for the winners of the Civl War (along with your numerous factions if you completed they're quests) to B-Line it for the Imperial City, take down the Thalmor, and declare yourself "The Dragonborn" as Emperor of Tamriel. Also it would have been nice to do a long quest after the Civil War.

Well thats all I got. What do you guys think could be added or felt was missing?

User Info: 0Tolerence4dumb

0Tolerence4dumb
2 weeks ago#2
1.Spears
2. Classes
3. Better factions
4. No forcing me into a main story if I choose not to.
5. Not reusing an expansion from Morrowind.
6. The things you said.

Oh! And more monster types. Where are the goblins? Dreugh? Anything slightly original and not Viking Zombies.
Boom Baby!!!...

User Info: Vypernight

Vypernight
2 weeks ago#3
More quests in Civil war, especially defending forts. I had a blast defending Whiterun, and would've loved a few more of these.

The chance to destroy the Thieves Guild.

User Info: RedPixel

RedPixel
2 weeks ago#4
The ability to _____ children. (Fill in the blank as I am afraid this would get modded if I said it. It rhymes with thrill and Bill)

...okay before this gets marked, I love kids, but this is a video game and Bethesda children are annoying as f***.
Working in a team is great! It always helps to have someone else to blame.

User Info: Guide

Guide
2 weeks ago#5
Targeted damage. If you shoot a guy square in the brain stem, he should die at any level. A proper ax to the arm should result in a nonfunctioning or missing arm.

In general I'd rework how damage works almost entirely.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
2 weeks ago#6
Guide posted...
Targeted damage. If you shoot a guy square in the brain stem, he should die at any level. A proper ax to the arm should result in a nonfunctioning or missing arm.

In general I'd rework how damage works almost entirely.

This could backfire as enemy archers may all aim for the head and kill you no matter how high a level you are on master or higher knowing Bethesda. Would be harder than Darksouls.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Guide
2 weeks ago#7
That's why armor exists. If you don't want to wear armor, you better have quite some situational awareness, as any good rogue/scout type is. Mages have magical defenses, right?
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]

Olld-Onne
2 weeks ago#8
There are holes in every helmet otherwise you would not be able to see where you are going. Money is on Bethesda making archers 90% proficient at shooting the eye socket hole every time and killing your daedric wearing dragonborn with ease.

Guide
2 weeks ago#9
Not that I would mind that, but also, I doubt it. Of all the times I've ever been hit with arrows in this game, the occasions on which I actually got hit in the head are so rare and few that I remember them as individual moments. Mostly because it's really funny to have an arrow in your face, or floating near the ornamental crown of my dragonscale helmet.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]

Olld-Onne
2 weeks ago#10
About 30% of all arrows are aimed at my characters heads, most dont wear helmets so maybe the archers are actually aiming for that reason.

It is a bit silly to run around with a arrow sticking out of both sides of their head so I understand what you are saying but Bethesda usually go overboard with any new mechanic that is implemented first time round.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What are some things you wished Bethesda would have added/changed in Skyrim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived