What are some things you wished Bethesda would have added/changed in Skyrim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What are some things you wished Bethesda would have added/changed in Skyrim?

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
3 weeks ago#11
Guide posted...
Targeted damage. If you shoot a guy square in the brain stem, he should die at any level. A proper ax to the arm should result in a nonfunctioning or missing arm.

In general I'd rework how damage works almost entirely.

or you'd have to hack the head off of a draugr to kill it (so you could hack off it's arms as in Baldur's Gate and it would still come at you; in fact, I remember them crawling after you)

also you could dismember the Ebony Warrior like the Black Knight in the Holy Grail and he'd keep taunting you until you crushed his skull

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
3 weeks ago#12
0Tolerence4dumb posted...
1.Spears

most definitely. there are several monsters I would touch with a four foot sword but would much rather fight with a spear (especially giant spiders!). and it would be a much better weapon for mounted charges

on another note, I wish there was some way to skip dialogue and even certain sub-tasks to make subsequent play-throughs less tedious

User Info: Skeletal_King

Skeletal_King
3 weeks ago#13
Game Breaking (via Morrowind) - I've never played Morrowind but I did hear of an issue that if an NPC that the game saw as vital to a quest, the game could not be beaten. You have no idea how badly I wanted to kill Maven for being such a scum bag. (more on that later)

Yeah, uh that is EXACTLY why they got rid of this little "feature". It was not a good system.

You weren't around for this, but during Morrowind's hayday people b****ed ENDLESSLY on the official forums because they saw some kewl NPC with kewl armor, killed them for said "kewl armor", ignored the warning and WHOOPS LOL CAN'T COMPLETE MQ OR SIDEQUESTS. There were DOZENS of those topics a day.

And it wouldn't have worked in Skyrim because of radiant AI. Can you imagine how f***ing annoying or terrible it would be to be halted in the MQ or a sidequest because one of the quest givers/enders was killed by a random Dragon/Vampire/etc attack?
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 weeks ago#14
Oh, better AI would be nice. I appreciate that my horse is protective of me to the point of bloodthirsty rage at even a particularly small mudcrab for so much as standing up near me, but I would like for my companions to be aware of my preferences. Cause look, horse, meager servant, and stray dog, I'm the motherf***ing Dragonborn. But more than that, my combat skills are maxed the f*** out. I can wave a rusty iron hatchet in the general direction of an orc chieftain and he will fly across the plains a bloody, ragdolled mess. My blades were handcrafted from still-beating hearts that I tore out of the biggest daedric knights I could find. Sometimes, a butterfly will fly particularly close to my face, and I will sneeze. The sneeze jangles my sword just so, and suddenly a bandit camp a mile down yonder river is razed.

So don't f***ing go staring angrily at that lowbie bandit archer that I could kill with a blink. Come here, to where I am, so that I may sit on you and go home to f*** Ysolda in her tiny house.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#15
Guide posted...
Oh, better AI would be nice. I appreciate that my horse is protective of me to the point of bloodthirsty rage at even a particularly small mudcrab for so much as standing up near me, but I would like for my companions to be aware of my preferences. Cause look, horse, meager servant, and stray dog, I'm the motherf***ing Dragonborn. But more than that, my combat skills are maxed the f*** out. I can wave a rusty iron hatchet in the general direction of an orc chieftain and he will fly across the plains a bloody, ragdolled mess. My blades were handcrafted from still-beating hearts that I tore out of the biggest daedric knights I could find. Sometimes, a butterfly will fly particularly close to my face, and I will sneeze. The sneeze jangles my sword just so, and suddenly a bandit camp a mile down yonder river is razed.

So don't f***ing go staring angrily at that lowbie bandit archer that I could kill with a blink. Come here, to where I am, so that I may sit on you and go home to f*** Ysolda in her tiny house.

Ysolda maybe cheating on you with a Mammoth tusk though. Horses do actually retreat if they are in danger but it only really works on the harder difficulties due to bloated health pools..
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 weeks ago#16
That's why they let you keep multiple horses, heh. They should've made Shadowmere immortal again, too, rather than just having him respawn.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: sobergermanguy

sobergermanguy
3 weeks ago#17
I wish they had buffed destruction magic. I don't want to use impact is boring and I don't like modding my game on.
You choc-blocked me, bro

User Info: babyeatermax

babyeatermax
3 weeks ago#18
I wish weapons had "weight". In vanilla Skyrim a regular attack from a dagger has as much impact as a twenty pound warhammer does. Light armor warriors and robe wearing mages should not be able to walk through melee attacks like your hitting them with a toy baseball bat. I wish combat was more like Demon's Souls or the Witcher where you have to time attacks and set up counters instead of just swinging your weapon until the other guy is dead.
This guy

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#19
babyeatermax posted...
I wish weapons had "weight". In vanilla Skyrim a regular attack from a dagger has as much impact as a twenty pound warhammer does. Light armor warriors and robe wearing mages should not be able to walk through melee attacks like your hitting them with a toy baseball bat. I wish combat was more like Demon's Souls or the Witcher where you have to time attacks and set up counters instead of just swinging your weapon until the other guy is dead.

Only the normal attacks, power attacks have more emphasis on the weapon weight. Hammers stagger more than axes which stagger more than swords.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#20
Olld-Onne posted...
Ysolda maybe cheating on you

Nah, that's Haelga who is fond of tusks. Ysolda is an honest and earnest budding drug baron who hopes to use Khajiit caravans to expand her business across the entire province/country.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What are some things you wished Bethesda would have added/changed in Skyrim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived