Anyone else intimidated from replaying the game because of time constraints?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Anyone else intimidated from replaying the game because of time constraints?

User Info: sophieexmachina

sophieexmachina
3 weeks ago#1
i really want to play this game again.. i played it a lot last year, and before that too. but i never did something like for example complete the most fun sidequests or any of the dlc quest lines. i did complete all the guild quest lines at least.

i really want to come back to this game and complete all the content i haven't experienced yet, just for the sake of experiencing this game that i like, but it just seems like a bit of a waste of time in 2017 for me.. there are lots of other games i still want to catch up on, and there are new games coming out. and then there's college and it's especially hard to focus on a long commitment videogame at the same time as studying (for me at least).

is this game actually worth coming back to to experience everything? i've had 3 characters but i've never even beaten the dragonborn dlc dragons or legendary dragons, and i have never worn daedric armor either. i would really like to do it someday but it just seems like i'd need time that i don't have to do it.

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
3 weeks ago#2
Skyrim is not a constant new experience thing, it's really just the same thing over and over. If you want a game that keeps giving you new unique experiences/stories, play New Vegas or Witcher.

Seems like a no brainer to me. Just play the game and if you feel it's wasting your time, move onto something else.

i've never even beaten the dragonborn dlc dragons or legendary dragons, and i have never worn daedric armor either

They are exactly the same as normal dragons, just with inflated stats. They aren't all that special. As for Daedric armor... again, it just looks different. It's not really different from basic iron armor besides appearance. If you want to wear it you can easily grind smithing to make a full set early on in the game.
Shoot first, think never.

User Info: sophieexmachina

sophieexmachina
3 weeks ago#3
LOOOPS posted...
Skyrim is not a constant new experience thing, it's really just the same thing over and over. If you want a game that keeps giving you new unique experiences/stories, play New Vegas or Witcher.

Seems like a no brainer to me. Just play the game and if you feel it's wasting your time, move onto something else.

i've never even beaten the dragonborn dlc dragons or legendary dragons, and i have never worn daedric armor either

They are exactly the same as normal dragons, just with inflated stats. They aren't all that special. As for Daedric armor... again, it just looks different. It's not really different from basic iron armor besides appearance. If you want to wear it you can easily grind smithing to make a full set early on in the game.

you're right.. life (for me) is about having nice experiences and new experiences, and i've pretty much experienced everything there is to skyrim already by now.. (exploring, dungeons, the gimmicky "fun" quests like the sheogorath quest, slain a dragon at least once which wasn't even that fun most of the time tbh, enchanting, dark brotherhood, used most stuff in combat which means that with skyrim's lackluster combat system it won't really amount to much when i fight the creatures in the dragonborn dlc)

i'll just move on to something else.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#4
No way is New Vegas a new experience everytime, there is no random encounters. Once you know the lay of the land it gets very stagnant fast.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
3 weeks ago#5
i'd be surprised if there wasn't a video out there of how to get a lot out of Skyrim in a little time.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Anyone else intimidated from replaying the game because of time constraints?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived