Elder Scrolls VI Wishlist

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Elder Scrolls VI Wishlist

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
3 weeks ago#1
Name 3 things you want the Elder Scrolls VI (if there will be such) to have that you think was lacking or missing in Skyrim. They can be additions (like gameplay mechanics or story elements) and/or adjustments.
I may control all the elements, but I sure can't control all the people in this world... at least, not without fear.

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 weeks ago#2
Like I said in the other topic, a revamped combat system. No more realtime stat contests. I want damage based on anatomy. An arrow to the back of the head, even from a novice archer, is going to kill even the toughest orc. Apply that to armor, too: Obviously, if the orc is wearing a heavy ebony helm, that arrow isn't doing so much.

Directional attacks and aim become more important this way. Stab at the unprotected joints or eyes, slash at the throat.

With this, though, should come the ability to use your other limbs to strike and grapple. The hell can't I kick a man in the junk with my hefty plated boots? I realize this would very much change how the game controls, so a combat/noncombat interface toggle would be necessary, even for kb/m. Also arrows should have a proper arc that follows wind currents and all that.

Second, make a real goddamned survival mode integral to the system. I should not be able to dive into below zero waters as freely as I would a pool. Wounds should be treated. Bleeding should soon be mended, cause I am not just walking off that arrow in my lung. The kind of food you eat should matter, both short term and long term. I want a hidden caloric system.

As for making food, or anything else, craft should be an involving process; a skill for the player to actually learn and master, much like combat.

I want a TES sim world proper.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#3
That it comes out before 2030.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
3 weeks ago#4
Guide posted...
Like I said in the other topic, a revamped combat system. No more realtime stat contests. I want damage based on anatomy. An arrow to the back of the head, even from a novice archer, is going to kill even the toughest orc. Apply that to armor, too: Obviously, if the orc is wearing a heavy ebony helm, that arrow isn't doing so much.

Directional attacks and aim become more important this way. Stab at the unprotected joints or eyes, slash at the throat.

With this, though, should come the ability to use your other limbs to strike and grapple. The hell can't I kick a man in the junk with my hefty plated boots? I realize this would very much change how the game controls, so a combat/noncombat interface toggle would be necessary, even for kb/m. Also arrows should have a proper arc that follows wind currents and all that.

Second, make a real goddamned survival mode integral to the system. I should not be able to dive into below zero waters as freely as I would a pool. Wounds should be treated. Bleeding should soon be mended, cause I am not just walking off that arrow in my lung. The kind of food you eat should matter, both short term and long term. I want a hidden caloric system.

As for making food, or anything else, craft should be an involving process; a skill for the player to actually learn and master, much like combat.

I want a TES sim world proper.

I think you covered everything I wanted, too... for gameplay reasons.
I may control all the elements, but I sure can't control all the people in this world... at least, not without fear.

User Info: NoctustheOwl

NoctustheOwl
3 weeks ago#5
i want jygallag! he looks awesome.

as for other things. more weapons and shields, not just selection of weapon/armor materials. realistically, a random guard should be using a the armor piercing bolts of a crossbow to shoot at the tough hide of a dragon, not the arrows shot from a hunting bow.

bringing back the RPG stats would be fun. but i would rather have magic creation return. creating my own magic is much more fun then lvling up my stats. though, if they could figure out a way to combine Skyrim and Oblivion's lvling systems, i'd be happy.

in summary. Jygallag. armor and armament selections, not just materials. RPG stats. Create-a-Magic. thats 4 things, but what evs.
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#6
Oblivion has one of the worst leveling systems I have ever come across, bringing back the stats yes but no way touch the terrible way Oblivion did leveling.

NoctustheOwl
3 weeks ago#7
thats why i said they should combine Skyrim and Oblivion. or do something like they did in Morrowind where if you get sent to jail, your skill lvls dropped.allowing you to relvl until all your stats are maxed.

of course... 1 other thing i want them to add. more armor options for enemies. sure, a Bandit Chief should have the best armor in a bandit camp, but if the chief has nordic armor, then the rest should have had access to the steel/steelplate he stopped using.

so thats 5 things i want added. meh.
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

Olld-Onne
2 weeks ago#8
The bandits dont smith their armor so the difference between Iron and Nordic to them is very little. They should be able to smith their armor according to their level or something.

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
2 weeks ago#9
levitation, gliding or outright flying would be great (especially as a vampire bat, but maybe you could also become an eagle-hybrid as part of some quest)

NoctustheOwl
2 weeks ago#10
speaking of hybrids. there is an ingame book that describes were-beasts. i think they should bring in the other types of were-beasts, so we dont just have 2 "monster" types to choose from. AKA, vamp vs werewolf.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Elder Scrolls VI Wishlist

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.