How do you deal with all the clutter/garbage you amass at high levels?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do you deal with all the clutter/garbage you amass at high levels?

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 month ago#1
I'm terrified of entering my hearthfire house at this point. So many lists to scroll through. Even just on my character alone there's a load of crap that I don't know what to do with but don't want to throw away either. Oh and there's my "quick" menu as well. I'm a mage and it constantly drags down the combat.
Shoot first, think never.

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 month ago#2
I don't carry garbage. Gross.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: sirtaj

sirtaj
1 month ago#3
even if it has a value of 0 dollars, it may be a good idea to sell it. no point in letting your save file bloat and possibly eventually fail

User Info: Joe_Bob_The_Man

Joe_Bob_The_Man
1 month ago#4
Keep only relics, unique items, and items of value 5x their wieght (gems, potions, enchanted gear, etc).
Keep your mind in the here and now. Be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the moment.

User Info: sirtaj

sirtaj
1 month ago#5
i generally use my gems for crafting and sell my enchanted gear and potions, but to each there own. if this interests you, try getting some perks in speechcraft so that the merchants of skyrim can pay you for your trouble.

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
1 month ago#6
I try to get rid of crap I don't need every so often.
I load up Shadowmere and Cicero and go to the Thieves Guild secret entrance so I can take advantage of the 4 merchants plus the 4000 gold Tonilla has.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
1 month ago#7
I only keep gems and jewelry, enchanted daggers for disenchantment/selling and other small items that would fit in a small bag of holding.
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
1 month ago#8
you can grind Speech by dumping unwanted items on a merchant even after their money has run out: just keep selling it and watch the levels rise (faster with pricey potions like Waterbreathing). I used to dump all unwanted items in a random bandit/thief that would be removed next time I visited a particular cell, but this is better.

at some point in each character I no longer need smithing items, alchemy items, or potions, because the character is over-powered, so I dump all that stuff and "legendary" the respective skills so I can use the perk points elsewhere

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
1 month ago#9
LOOOPS posted...
load of crap that I don't know what to do with but don't want to throw away either.

Well there's your problem, you don't want to throw it away. I've never been a Skyrim hoarder, but it must be pretty common because I see it get joked about a lot.

Just dump your crap on a corpse or a merchant so it de-spawns later. It's not like you were ever going to actually use it.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#10
Ramza1 posted...
LOOOPS posted...
load of crap that I don't know what to do with but don't want to throw away either.

Well there's your problem, you don't want to throw it away. I've never been a Skyrim hoarder, but it must be pretty common because I see it get joked about a lot.

Just dump your crap on a corpse or a merchant so it de-spawns later. It's not like you were ever going to actually use it.

Depends on the corpse though lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do you deal with all the clutter/garbage you amass at high levels?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived