How do you deal with all the clutter/garbage you amass at high levels?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do you deal with all the clutter/garbage you amass at high levels?

User Info: EpicMickeyDrew

EpicMickeyDrew
1 month ago#11
LOOOPS posted...
I'm terrified of entering my hearthfire house at this point. So many lists to scroll through. Even just on my character alone there's a load of crap that I don't know what to do with but don't want to throw away either. Oh and there's my "quick" menu as well. I'm a mage and it constantly drags down the combat.

You're never going to use that stuff. So dump it.
Just how, pray tell, does your dick "take life"? How could a dick take a life? - XciteMe

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#12
EpicMickeyDrew posted...
LOOOPS posted...
I'm terrified of entering my hearthfire house at this point. So many lists to scroll through. Even just on my character alone there's a load of crap that I don't know what to do with but don't want to throw away either. Oh and there's my "quick" menu as well. I'm a mage and it constantly drags down the combat.

You're never going to use that stuff. So dump it.

Looops did, in draws, cupboard and chests.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: josifrees

josifrees
1 month ago#13
Just put them in their own containers not that hard

For quick menu get rid of everything and start over
Quit Crying

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
1 month ago#14
== Inventory ==
full set of primary armor (helm, chest, gloves, boots, ring, necklace)
primary weapon (usually a one-handed sword/mace/axe for the main hand)
secondary weapon (usually an off-hand dagger or second sword)
a single long bow (fastest draw speed, used primarily to solve rare bow puzzles)
a single stack of arrows (usually orcish; exclusively for the quiver aesthetic)
sometimes Windshear (it is way too gamebreaking without the unofficial patch)
sometimes Mehrune's Razor (to let weak character builds kill legendary dragons easily)
sometimes a single Staff of Paralysis (trivializes almost any boss in the whole game for any character, for just 8 weight)
sometimes a amulet of talos, ring of namira, ring of hircine
3+ Ultimate Healing potions
2-3 Torches
5-10 filled Black/Grand soul gems

== First Container of Primary Home Base ==
Here I put any gear that I will almost certainly be in need of at a later date including, but not limited to:
Kagrumez Resonance gems
Dragon priest masks
Crafting equipment (4-piece set for alchemy, or 5-piece set for smithing/alchemy)
Weapons or armor bases that I almost certainly will be using/crafting later for whatever reason
Large quantities of potions that aren't needed currently (such as poisons or Fortify Destruction pots)

== Second Container of Primary Home Base ==
This one gets every other piece of apparel, but never needs to be organized
It has random pieces of clothing that I like and/or want to keep
Anything I probably won't use but want for my collection
Unique items that won't ever be used, to be kept in one place
Bases for most types of jewelry, etc

== Third Container of Primary Home Base ==
Alchemy ingredients, nothing else

== Fourth Container of Primary Home Base ==
Books

== Fifth Container of Primary Home Base ==
Misc generic items, like gems, ore, and ingots

Later on in the game, when quality "crafting" can no longer be done just anywhere (you need to be on Solstheim to do proper high-end crafting once you have access to the Black Books and the Ahzidal set), I move my crafting set and alchemy ingredients equipment to Serevin Manor and store them in two seperate containers. One for the ingredients, and the other with the crafting set and four of the seven pieces of Ahzidal (the helm, chest, gloves, and the ring of necromancy). The mask, boots, and ring of arcana are kept in my home or on my person rather than the solstheim home since they have use to me outside of the +10 enchanting bonus.

If I need to get rid of something I put it in a barrel and let it empty itself after a time, since almost all barrels in the game respawn.

If I need to sell my items for gold, I use the Riften marketplace. It is an outdoor location accessible via fast travel with no chance of inconvenient combat. If vampires are attacking during this part of the game, you can choose to instead travel to the stables and make sure to enter the city during the day to have 0% chance of encountering vampires while making money. At the start of the thieves guild quest line I make sure to never send Brand-shei to jail, because leaving him enables another 750 gold general goods merchant available. This means Grelka (750) and Brand-Shei (750) can yield 1500 gold with a single fast travel to Mistveil Keep, and later if you have the Merchant perk you can add Madesi (750) and Balimund (1100) for a total of about 3400 gold with a single load screen. Much later on when the guild is fully restored, you get more money, faster, by dealing exclusively with Mallus Maccius at Honningbrew Meadery and Gallum-Ei, each requiring a fast travel and one additional load screen for 4000-5000 gold each, but visiting one will cause enough time to pass to reset the other. This is faster than using Riften or the thieves guild vendors, which take a fast travel, two load screens, four vendor encounters, and a third load screen for just ~10000 gold, and time still has to pass to let them reset.

User Info: FactoidHunter

FactoidHunter
4 weeks ago#15
I wished there was a feature in which you could give your spouse stuff and have them sell it for you, if they turn into a merchant. I got to a point where i would go to every hold in Skyrim just to be able to sell all the stuff i made or collected. I even invested in every merchant you could and they still didn't have enough gold for all of it. I had to make several trips.

Most of the stuff i collect is for later display or possibly to give to a follower.

User Info: Dragonslayer67

Dragonslayer67
4 weeks ago#16
Dump ur useful items in a few separate containers and limit like 20 items per container so it doesn't crash when you try to move stuff

And put all your other junk like potions or random enchanted items or gems u don't have time to sell in other rooms in other containers you never go in

For my hearthfire house I have all the unique and actually good self crafted gear in the bedroom you can build in the containers near the main bed so I know where all my inportant items are and the rest are like others said dump them in random containers So your invintory doesn't freeze your game after 100hours of play
Why is it that your problem is that there is no problem so you have to create one with me. why?? Why do you do this??
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do you deal with all the clutter/garbage you amass at high levels?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived