Pure Thief build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Joe_Bob_The_Man

Joe_Bob_The_Man
1 month ago#1
This is both a combat build and a RP build. I will be taking all the skills under the Thief Stone, and nothing else. I know that Sneak/Archery is OP, and Sneak/Pickpocket/Alchemy (poison into pockets) is awesome, but what other means of combat would I possess ?
Keep your mind in the here and now. Be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the moment.

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
1 month ago#2
Sneak allows for the use of daggers. Take the back stab perks and none of the One Handed perks and you should be within the rules of the build.

User Info: Nepharen

Nepharen
1 month ago#3
Archery is actually a warrior's skill and is not affected by the thief's stone. So perking archery wouldn't be within your set of rules. This would also make the sneak/archery combo less effective... but you could and probably should augment this with poisons if you decide to include skills outside

Incidentally, the only combat skill that relies solely within the thief skills is reverse pickpocketing. As such, pure thieves should probably avoid actual combat as much as possible.

User Info: Joe_Bob_The_Man

Joe_Bob_The_Man
1 month ago#4
Archery is affected by Thief Stone. UESP it.
Keep your mind in the here and now. Be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the moment.

User Info: Nepharen

Nepharen
1 month ago#5
Ah, my mistake then. Dang thieves stole one of the warrior skills. So thieves apparently get 7 skills and warriors only 5... think i just found my motovation to do some bandit hunting...

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#6
The Black Book power seeker of might under the warrior side still affects bow damage though. Sheogorath made this game if know one knows lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: NoctustheOwl

NoctustheOwl
1 month ago#7
Sheo had help.
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 month ago#8
No I didn't. I hate having followers.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#9
Guide posted...
No I didn't. I hate having followers.

You are not Sheogorath, that sentence was way to comprehensible.

If you said you love having followers but dont like them to move at all then maybe, just maybe lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: ThurmanThomas34

ThurmanThomas34
1 month ago#10
Olld-Onne posted...
The Black Book power seeker of might under the warrior side still affects bow damage though. Sheogorath made this game if know one knows lol.

Not to mention the Bards College quests that reward mage, thief, and warrior skills reward archery along with the rest of the warrior skills, and light armor along with the rest of the thief skills, as does the Oghma Infinium. I think archery being covered by thief stone was just a f*** up.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived