Salmon Roe

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 weeks ago#11
Jumping fish you catch, Shouts you use on fish swimming casually in deep water. Also, as mentioned, Winstad Manor's Fish Hatchery can be a source for Salmon Roe as you can spawn Salmon there.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
4 weeks ago#12
If you fully upgrade the kitchen there will be a respawnable sample of salmon roe on one of the kitchen tables.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
4 weeks ago#13
Guide posted...
Divided_By_One posted...
I don't need many of them at once, so I like to crouch by the stream and catch them as they jump.

Like a bear.

If bears aimed where they expected fish to jump and spammed the A button.

Weird how bears are actually better at something without thumbs than we are with tool assistance.

Nothing stopping you from doing the same thing only with better grip. Well the Bears might choose you as their next meal but that only means they are better at catching humans.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
4 weeks ago#14
you can also harvest roe as a vampire lord: the "detect all life" power will kill all jumping salmon in the vicinity and cause their corpses and roe to float down stream (be sure to collect the corpses as well as that counts as an additional set of roe and a tasty side order of salmon). you can also use the area of effect drain life spell over and over until you see they're not jumping any more. you have to revert to human form to collect your goodies (too bad you can't just use the vampire grip to catch them)

one method I do not recommend: go under water at the base of the rapids and collect the fish where they spawn prior to jumping. I think this permanently exhausts this spot

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
4 weeks ago#15
Do the jumping salmon respawn in ~10 days if you kill them like that (so that you can get two roe instead of just one)?

I wasn't aware of a way to get them back.

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
4 weeks ago#16
redtide1962 posted...
Do the jumping salmon respawn in ~10 days if you kill them like that (so that you can get two roe instead of just one)?

I wasn't aware of a way to get them back.

I don't think so; probably best to just try to catch them jumping.

my favorite glitch is when you shoot them with the bound bow and they don't die: they just keep jumping with the arrow stuck in them (hawks in/near Solitude do the same thing sometimes, with arrows and ice missiles)

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 weeks ago#17
Dunno if it was ever patched, but the hawks(including those in Solitude) would only die a single time. After that they become invincible.

Also, if you cast a Master Illusion spell in Solitude it will cause a mass hawk death event the first time, due to how they're coded.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived