No Dragon Soul Issue.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: EdgejrIII

EdgejrIII
5 years ago#1
My first time not recieving a Dragon soul, I was like "wtf my game's broke, I better not have to restart all over" so I came online to see if anyone else was having the problem.

Some said that it was because an NPC dealt the final blow, I recieved a soul when that happened to me, so that was crossed off the list.

Some said it was because the body was looted before it burned into bones, but I did that too and recieved a soul.

I read a lot of theories, but the one that seemed true was that it wasn't a bug. So I tested it, and I came up with this.

1. Random Dragon encounters will ALWAYS produce a dragon's soul, no matter the type.

2. You cannot recieve a soul from the same dragon type, of a dragon's lair, that you had killed in that spot previously. i.e. If you killed a Blood Dragon at that dragon's lair before, you cannot get a soul by killing a Blood Dragon at that same lair.

3. Dragons respawn at a lair in order of type and your level. It goes; Dragons, Blood Dragons, Frost Dragons, Elder Dragons, then Ancient Dragons.

(There are 2 types for each dragon types, Fire and Ice, but I haven't been able to determine if you can kill a Fire, then an Ice of the same type and recieve a soul from both.)

If you kill a Dragon at a lair, then level up and come back, a Blood Dragon will spawn, level up more, come back to the lair, and a Frost Dragon will spawn, etc...but if you kill a Dragon at level 10, then come back to it's lair at level 10 again, a Dragon will respawn and you will not recieve a soul this time.

User Info: dillonthebunny

dillonthebunny
5 years ago#2
i had a fight with an ancient dragon tonight... he was kicking my arse, then for some reason he got.up.. snd flew in to a bandit stronghold... they killed him, i got the soul and bones.. and killed the bandits, they were far easier.

anyway... i just killed a dragon and for the first time i didnt get a soul. i thought i had previously got souls for killing repeat respawned dragons, but maybe im mistaken. i thought that its possible that i may have all the souls for.the remaining shouts in the game... that being 8 left?

but i wont know for sure until i kill more dragons.
Psn: Dillonthebunny.
Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn

User Info: EdgejrIII

EdgejrIII
5 years ago#3
With all the dragon fights, it plays tricks on your memory. I was the same way, I could have sworn I killed certain dragons more than twice and still recieved a soul, so I started to write down a list of the types of dragons I've killed, and what lairs I've killed them at.

User Info: Impi

Impi
5 years ago#4
We had an experience which would tend to support your theory. At a dragon shrine for some reason there were 2 dragons up at once. We killed the first one and got the soul but the second dragon kill did not release a soul.

User Info: tenchisama

tenchisama
5 years ago#5
I killed a blood dragon at the college and got it's soul. I proceeded with the game and leveled up some more, and elder dragon spawned there and I killed it. I did not get it's soul. Happened with the bounty dragon, too, but I honestly don't remember the type of dragon of if I even killed that dragon before.
"I slept like a corpse last night!" ~ Ha chan

User Info: Atair

Atair
5 years ago#6
Last night I finally experienced the issue where the dragon doesn't yield a soul. I thought that it started when I was sneaking up on a giant and two mammoths, and an ancient dragon attacked at the same time. For some reason, that dragon just crashed down to the earth and died, and it gave me a soul. I did not even fire an arrow at it as it was still too far away, so I don't know why it died.

I then fought two frost dragons, and neither of these gave me a soul. This had never happened before, and now its happened with the last two dragons that I've actually killed. Hopefully my game is not bugged beyond repair, because I still have a long way to go.
The time when someone could have finally and forever closed shut the Flaws of Oblivion.....has long passed.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived