A post patch 1.2 (maybe patch 1.1) overpowering alchemy glitch
No need to do all that.
1. Equip all alchemy+ armor.
2. Make potion
3. Drink potion
3. Go to inventory and press X on each equip twice (unequips and equips)
4. Repeat 2-4.
if it doesn't work your alchemy or starting equipment isn't high enough to pass the threshold.
this worked for me
Good. Good. Let the butthurt flow through you!
Level 1 Trolls killed: 18
I didn't read the entire topic, but does anyone remember doing this in Morrowind? Make Fortify Intelligence Potions and stack them on top of each other until the attribute was godly high, and then creating Healing Potions that would keep you at full health for three days. This brings me back a bit, as Oblivion had a maximum number of potions you could stack at a time.
I actually remember fortifying jump in morrowind and making a dragoon class with heavy armor and a spear LOL.
"I commend your courage but I will show you no mercy!" - Beatrix FFIX
This DOES work
Only with a high alchemy skill and perks.
Making it borderline useless for new characters sadly :(
Still, it's very neat.
Now if someone could find a way to easily level alchemy on a new character, then this would be fantastic. Unfortunately, alchemy takes FOREVER to level. Almost as slow as Destruction.
Wii Code: 1735-0238-9281-5861
Console Nickname: Ralph444
To do this you need said materials to make Fortify Restoration Potion. Several people on this thread have already mentioned where to find the materials, best bet is at Riften Lake and just buy salt.
Note: Anyone can do this with 0 in Alchemy and 0 on Enchantment.
Have your gear ready to be enchanted with Alchemy and a Grand Gem. Note only make one or two Fortify Restoration Potion at a time.
1. Drink one or two Fortify Restoration, without leaving the menu
2. Un-equip your gear then exit out of the menu
3. Open the menu, then re-equip the gear.
4. Create one or two Fortify Restoration potion.
This concludes how to make the process work, simply repeat steps one through four as desired.
I appologize in advance if this is a double post, my previous post came out looking crappy.
Hi guysss. I was like the OP in that I found this workaround glitch myself. It's funny that when I finally discovered it, the whole internets did as well! I don't mind, very happy actually. Thanks to l2pn, the man who unlocked the door for me, and Floppycannon for putting it all into words. You guys rock. I just wish this came out a day ago so I didn't waste so much time in the other exploits.. =_= Anyyyyyyyways, just thought I'd offer you guys my way to do start this process..
1. Obtain about 3,400 septims. Steal, maim, Oblivion book, w/e. Just get 3,400K asap.
2. Train pickpocket and alchemy via Arcadia. Up to cutpurse and max out the starter for easier steals.
3. It won't be too long before you hit around 75 alchemy, 80-100 pickpocketing.
4. Now capped at 75 with Arcadia, try to powerlevel those last 5 levels for 80 alchemy. I suggest wiki'ing the location of those skill books.
5. At lvl 80, you can now easily and swiftly do this glitch. Oh and you'll need about 10-11 fish. Any more than that, and you negate all the bonus.
After making my 1-shot archer/melee eq's, I think it's time for a purge and no more exploiting for me. It absorbed my Skyrim life, and now that the chapter is over with the epitome of exploits, I shall now be reborn anew. It was an exciting challenge for me, nothing more. I'm privileged like those others to have discovered this the hard way, as I can leave it feeling very satisfied. Cheers fellow babies. :P
~Nothin' beats the hobo life, stabbin' folks with my hobo Knife~
Okay guys I'm finally got home and did some testing.
I try replicate my result state in the first post (i kinda forget what i did yesterday ), and i encounter similar problem of value fluctuation as you guys did.
So i did some experiments and iron out the any unnecessary step to prevent user interpolation error.
And i think i have two fool proof methods available. One of them is the faster method which require stockpile of three ingredients and the other is the slower method but require only two ingredients and is more consistent. But here is some explanations first.
First, you don't need to un-equip armor and re-equip armor after every potion chugging.
The purpose of the armor swap is to keep alchemy effect after the potion has expire, so in case you run out of ingredients in the middle of loop you don't have to start over again. The armor swap is there so you don't need to worry about the 60 second constraint. You can keep create potion, drink it, create another one, drink it without doing any armor swap until you are ready to leave to do smith or enchanting.
Second, the fortify restoration effect stacking can be done even WITHOUT ANY ALCHEMY EQUIPMENT, i done it, it just climb very slowly, it takes around 8 potion at 100 alchemy to reach 1000%. and it doesn't improve any potion effect beside FR potion.
Third, in order for this glitch to work, each successive potion that you chug need to be different in either magnitude or in number of effects. This means you need to create a potion that fortify restoration and a poison that have fortify restoration and weakness to poison. Or you can take off one equipment piece to force a FR potion with different magnitude. If you have two different type of FR potion, you can drink them in alternate succession and create a multiplicative effect (each potion refresh the duration). But if you mess up the sequence (drink two of the same potion in a row), your % will actually get decreases.
I think i might be blabber on too much and exceed the characters limit in this post. I'm going to post the two methods in the next post
Method #1(mrivera889's method's inspire me, i just improve it):
What you need: Three Ingredients that have FR property and two of these ingredients need to have an additional effect beside FR.
IE: 20-30 each of Abecean Longfin, Cyrodilic Spadetail (or salt pile), Small Antlers. And at least 50% +alchemy gear (i did with 25% at 100 skill, took around 8 potion before reaching 1000%)
What you need to create are:
a) regular FR potion w/o any negative effect: Longfin + salt pile
b) FR poison potion with weakness to poison effect: Longfin + small antlers
Action sequence you need to do:
1) Wear alchemy suit and create a regular FR potion.
2) Drink the regular FR potion within 60 secs.
3) Go to alchemy lab and craft a FR poison potion.
4) Drink the poison potion within 60 secs (the FR duration will refresh here)
5) Go to alchemy lab and craft a regular FR potion
6) Go back to step (2) and repeat (2) - (5) as long as you have ingredients
7) When you got enough% (run out of stuff), go to apparel menu, unequip your alchemy suit
8) exit menu, then enter menu again to re-equip the suit
9) Step (8) will lock the equipment stat bonus even after FR duration expire
10) Go get more ingredient or start craft other stuff like enchanting potion.
* occasionally % will reset for reason unknown, but this method is slightly faster than method #2 (around 10% faster at most). Also make sure you drink the potion and poison in the correct sequence, if you mess it up, it will reset your % back one iteration.
What you need: Two ingredient that have FR property.
IE: 20-30 each of Abecean Longfin and salt pile (i just happen to have lot of these) and some alchemy suit.
What you need to create is: one FR potion
Action sequence you need to do:
1)Wear alchemy suit and create a FR potion
2)Drink the FR potion within 60 secs
3)Take off one piece of your alchemy suit (to force a different alchemy magnitude)
4) Craft a FR potion using the same ingredient (it will have different magn)
5) Drink the FR potion within 60 secs.
6) Wear the alchemy piece you took off at step (3)
7) Craft a FR potion
8) Repeat Step (2) - (7) until you satisfy or run out of stuff
9) Enter apparel menu, de-equip all alchemy suit
10) exit menu, enter menu again and re-equip alchemy suit.
11) step (10) will lock the stat bonus effect even after FR potion expire
12) go buy more ingredient or craft other stuff.
*this method does not reset if you done it correctly. I test it several time, it work consistently. But you need keep track of the correct sequence number or it will take you back one iteration.
Okay I test both of these methods several times, they both works (method #1 occasionally reset to basic % level for some reason)
Try to using them, and if you guys have any more specific question about the step detail and the reasoning behind the step. I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.
Pretty interesting. Hopefully I can find a range where I can get decent (yet not broken), one-armed damage. I wanna punch some dragons to death.
Add user to Ignore List after reporting